General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 accord sport jumpy cvt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Default 2014 accord sport jumpy cvt?

I bought my brand new 2014 accord sport (auto) last month and a few weeks ago I have started to notice a jumpy feeling when slowly accelerating and some vibration in the steering wheel at the same time. I read some reviews online that others felt this and it could be how the CVT transmission rides, but I'm not sure if this is normal.

Has anyone else experienced this??

Old 05-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Newest Of Newbies

My brother has a 2014 sport. He is a service manager at a Honda dealer. He had to have the valve body replaced under warranty on his after having it for 2 months...

Old 05-26-2014, 08:05 PM

Would a bad valve body cause the issues I described?

Originally Posted by CAaccord95lxwag
My brother has a 2014 sport. He is a service manager at a Honda dealer. He had to have the valve body replaced under warranty on his after having it for 2 months...

Old 06-10-2014, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Calynmd11
I bought my brand new 2014 accord sport (auto) last month and a few weeks ago I have started to notice a jumpy feeling when slowly accelerating and some vibration in the steering wheel at the same time. I read some reviews online that others felt this and it could be how the CVT transmission rides, but I'm not sure if this is normal.

Has anyone else experienced this??
Sure enough, I just got off the phone with my Honda Service department. My 2014 Sedan that I bought in February and it has a whopping 2800 miles on it needs a new valve body. What the heck?? I bought this car because I wanted something reliable and I am shocked! I know it is under warranty but.....
I noticed something was jumpy or missing or something as I slowly accelerated. I thought it was maybe just my imagination but I didn't remember it doing it when I bought it. This makes me very unhappy.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

This is the service bulletin, it's hardware and software. It also happened to my buddy. Once it is done, it should resolve the issue.

Last edited by redbull-1; 06-19-2014 at 11:27 PM. Reason: file deleted
Old 06-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by redbull-1
This is the service bulletin, it's hardware and software. It also happened to my buddy. Once it is done, it should resolve the issue.
Thanks! I have been researching like crazy and did come across some issues regarding specific VIN ranges. I can only assume mine is in there somewhere. I feel only a little better. I wish that was something that could have been caught by the dealer before they sold it to me.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

On my buddy's car, it actually drove fine for months, then it just happened out of the blue.

His car also had an issue with the horn going off while driving, which there is another service bulletin. There are already several service bulletins out there (just like for almost every make and model car); but, it doesn't mean everyone will experience every problem.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Currently, most of the service bulletins are for the 2013 model, only a few for the 2014 models. So, hopefully, they got most of the known kinks out of the 2014 models.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:57 AM

OMG, I could not imagine driving down the road and randomly having my horn blowing. That would be awful! LOL Hopefully that kink doesn't exist in my car. I do wish that they would have at least informed me of the service bulletins. I appreciate honesty and integrity. I know cars break, even new ones. I guess I expected more out of Honda.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:29 AM

While I am thinking of it, where do you get those bulletins? That was so informative and it is odd how my description to the service writer on the problem was almost word for word with that bulletin. I had never seen one before. Is there a place that just has them listed? I go to the Honda Owner site and my accord doesn't have any listed.

Quick Reply: 2014 accord sport jumpy cvt?