General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2014 Manual Shift / Cruise question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Default 2014 Manual Shift / Cruise question

I just purchased 2014 4 dr EX manual shift. This is my 3rd Accord (my last was '04).

I notice that when the Cruise Control is on, when I disengage the clutch that the Cruise Control stays on (but the engine doesn't rev). This is the only car I've driven that didn't disengage the Cruise when I touched the clutch.

Sanity check here.

Also, the the radio only holds one, not 6 CDs?

Does anyone know the tolerance on the tried pressure monitor calibration? I've had to set it once.

Any more answers, ideas, hints, warnings and notices would be appreciated

Old 08-22-2014, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by LowRyter
I just purchased 2014 4 dr EX manual shift. This is my 3rd Accord (my last was '04).

I notice that when the Cruise Control is on, when I disengage the clutch that the Cruise Control stays on (but the engine doesn't rev). This is the only car I've driven that didn't disengage the Cruise when I touched the clutch.

Sanity check here.

Also, the the radio only holds one, not 6 CDs?

Does anyone know the tolerance on the tried pressure monitor calibration? I've had to set it once.

Any more answers, ideas, hints, warnings and notices would be appreciated
I want my car back! Just kidding, its not missing, but it's 8 days old.

First the cruise. If it's on when you turn off the car, it still is on when you restart it. It doesn't remember the speed you had it on however. My '85 Tempo would disengage when you put the clutch in. Just like when you applied the brake. When you got going again you hit the resume it would take you to the speed you were at. However if you slipped it out of gear without the clutch, it would go to redline. My '11 Fiesta and '14 Accord would not rev. Just like you put in the clutch like you were supposed too.

Perhaps new tires have to break in and the shape or diameter changes a little, causing the system to trip the light. Anyone else have to reset the system shortly after getting your new Accord?

I just did the tire pressure calibration thing 5 minutes ago. My wife took me out to dinner, and on the way the low tire pressure came on. Pulled over checked the pressures on all four tires and even the spare. All OK. Owners manual was at home, because I was reading it. I did the recalibration thing, all is OK. I thought I had bought another Fiesta! I should add the Honda system is better than most others that have a sensor in each wheel with a non replaceable battery. When they go dead, about $50 just for one sensor, plus labor and balancing.

We got the base model. One CD. CD's are on there way out. That's why it has all that other stuff. You know, hook your I phone into the car and you can play your 20,000 songs you have stored.

I'm just guessing on that, as my cell phone is so old it has a rotary dial.:roll eyes:

I usually play the same CD over and over for about two months. Now it's the best of Cheap Trick!

Old 08-23-2014, 12:14 AM

sorry. But my point didn't get across.

the cruise control setting doesn't disengage when I touch the clutch.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LowRyter
sorry. But my point didn't get across.

the cruise control setting doesn't disengage when I touch the clutch.
I'm not sure what you're trying to tell us either.

FWIW, some cars I've had would disengage the CC with the slightest touch of the clutch pedal, others required an inch or two of travel.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:44 AM

See if it disengages if you press the pedal in a little bit more. If it does then you may want to look at the clutch pedal switch. Find the pedal switch on the pedal arm, it should have an adjustment where you can adjust the switch closer to the pedal arm thus there you be less travel to engage the switch which it what disengages the CC. Note the factory position of the switch before adjusting that way you can put it back if you choose to.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:45 AM

thanks TH, you're sure the '14 have this feature? The reason I ask, the engine did not rev, which indicates that it might be that it is designed this way. On the other hand, all my cars have clutches and this the only car that does this.

Last edited by LowRyter; 08-23-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:12 AM

OK. I read the book. So no more guessing, here is the answer:

The clutch must be disengaged for MORE THAN FIVE (5) SECONDS for the speed to cancel. This allows for the driver to downshift (or upshift) and resume speed without resetting the cruise control.

when in doubt, read the book

Old 08-23-2014, 10:16 PM

when in doubt, read the book[/QUOTE]

No disrespect intended, but do you know how many pages are in the book? Combine that with a very poor index, I'll be reading it for months.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:01 AM

yes corvair, the book is nearly 600 pages. I thought someone would know, so I wouldn't have to find it in the book. But it was pretty easy.

so I asked and answered my own question. probably not many folks here with gen 9 cars & sticks.