General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7th gen TCS and Engine light problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 08:32 PM
skepticzmind
Unregistered
Default 7th gen TCS and Engine light problem

I was driving home from work and my car TCS and engine light turned on. Than I noticed my car feeling a bit funny so i pulled off the next exit. It was harder than i thought! My brakes were stuck! and my engine was accelerating by itself. I had to press really hard to make it stop. I thought i would just turn off the car and restart it and maybe it would go away but it didnt. I turned on the car and it was accelerating by itself and the brakes were locked STIFF~. I spoke to a person in auto zone and they told me it might be one of the sensors. I just got a tune up 2 weeks ago and i had an engine light cuz water got into the spark plugs but i got that all fixed and now this!!. Does anyone have any ideas what it may be? How much it will cost me? and if i can fix it myself? Plz help anyone

Old 05-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

You will have to figure out the error code stored in the engine computer.

Autozone will scan codes for free, but it sounds like your car isn't drivable right now.

Isn't your car under warranty?

Old 05-17-2009, 09:08 PM
skepticzmind
Unregistered

autozone doesnt do the free diagnostic test anymore. aamco does but i have to a service with them first to get it.. like an oil change. I have 72,448 miles on it and its a 05 accord coupe ex v6. I have to check my warranty book but its kinda weird that all of this happened right after my main warranty exp like 2 months ago

Old 03-28-2015, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by skepticzmind
autozone doesnt do the free diagnostic test anymore. aamco does but i have to a service with them first to get it.. like an oil change. I have 72,448 miles on it and its a 05 accord coupe ex v6. I have to check my warranty book but its kinda weird that all of this happened right after my main warranty exp like 2 months ago
Autozone does do the free code test, but it's not very informative. Take it to an O'Riley's instead, much better.