General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'87 DX - How do you remove the Fuel Pump Cut-off Relay?

Old 04-24-2009, 09:56 AM
nerdmeier
Unregistered
Default '87 DX - How do you remove the Fuel Pump Cut-off Relay?

'87 Accord DX

For the life of me I can not figure out how to get the fuel pump cut-off relay out of its socket! Is there something I have to squeeze? or pry out? It is in such an awkward location!

I replaced the fuel pump a few weeks ago because the car began to die on occasion. The car has run fine until last evening. I noticed that when I turned the key on I did not hear the pump running. The old pump was encased in plastic and you could not really hear it when you turned on the key. The new pump is not encased in plastic and you can hear it buzzing in the tank when you turn the key on. I towed the car home.

This morning I turned the key on and heard the pump. The car started fine and has been running well for a number of miles.

I suspect I need to replace the Fuel Pump Cut-off Relay but I can not remove it! I've tried prying on it a bit but it is not budging and I do not want to break anything. Is there something I need to squeeze? or pry out? anybody know the secret?