I need to put another Engine in my mothers 92 Accord Ex which has a F22A6 engine in it.
According to the F22A Wiki the engines are all basically the same w/some subtle differences I listed the wiki in a quote below taken from this link
and hilighted the F22A6 differences in red text.
I'm not sure if this has been covered in the past. My thread searches are not to good for finding this info.
This engine series was used in the Honda Accord and Honda Prelude S. Aside from differences in tuning, these engines are substantially similar.
- Bore × Stroke: 85.0 × 95.0 mm
- Displacement: 2156 cc
- Valve Configuration: SOHC, 16 valves, non-VTEC
- Compression ratio: 8.8:1
- Max power:
- F22A1: 125 hp (93.21 4 kW) @ 5200 rpm. (Accord Dx,Lx) NOTE* The 1992-1996 Prelude S had a F22A1 but because of a different more aggressively tuned ECU (P12), the power output was 135 hp (100 kW).
- F22A4: 130 hp (96.94 kW) @ 5200 rpm. (Accord Ex) The F22A4 is the same motor as the F22A1 but it has slightly more power due to a tubular designed header and slightly bigger exhaust piping.
- F22A6: 140 hp (104.40 kW) @ 5600 rpm.
- The F22A6 is the same as the F22A1 except for a slightly more aggressive camshaft, a better flowing cast exhaust manifold, a different more aggressively tuned ECU (PT6), and a different intake manifold that utilizes IAB's and also has a bigger plenum. The F22A6 also has a windage tray in the oil pan, and stiffer valve springs to accommodate the more aggressive camshaft.
- F22A7: 140 hp (104.40 kW) @ 6101 rpm
- Max torque:
- F22A1: 137 ft·lbf (186 N m) @ 4000 rpm
- F22A4: 142 ft·lbf (193 N m) @ 4000 rpm
- F22A6: 142 ft·lbf (193 N m) @ 4500 rpm
- F22A7: 145 ft·lbf (198 N m) @ 5000 rpm
Now w/all the info in red above I'd assume the following.
I should be able to use any F22A1 & F22A4 Engine in my mom's accord to replace her dead F22A6 as long as I use the following parts from her old dead engine. Intake manifold, Cam and Rockers, Valve Springs, Distributor, Exhaust Manifold & Oil Pan
Please let me know if this is correct or is there more to it than just the add on parts i.e. berrings in the rods/Crank and Piston Rings etc etc.