General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

07 vp

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 02:33 AM
Default 07 vp

So I bought 07 vp automatic 54k miles for 6000$.. im so use to driving manual i sometimes use 2 legs on the automatic. i was wondering how much would it cost just a manual tranny old and new, and whats average labor

Old 11-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Converting from an automatic to manual requires a lot of changes. Search the threads about manual transmission conversion.

You will need the transmission, pedals, a PCM, and the shifter for the manual transmission for sure. CV joints are likely. The mounting locations for the manual transmission are likely different, so a mounting bracket will need to be replaced. The wiring harness is likely different.

When you start adding it up, it will probably be in your best interest to price out a manual transmission accord and see what you would get for your accord.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Supper Moderator

it will cost you around $800-1k for all the parts (including the trans) then prob. another $800 in labor. It's really not all that hard of a swap. Iv done them on the cb7's and civics just never on your gen accord.

As for the wiring I don't think anything changes. You will need a 5speed ecu. But if you have immobilizer on the ecu's they you will need the ignition for the 5speed ecu you will use. That would be the biggest kink in the swap that I could think of.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:06 PM

i had a 00 civic engine replace from junkyard costed me 700$ for labor and engine (77k)