General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'96 Accord won't start

Old 04-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

It won't hurt to try. The problem you have is that the pump is not turning on. You can try testing the main relay electrical connector to see if something is wrong.

If you copy and paste the link below into your browser, you can download the 1994.zip file. Page 23-24 shows the ground (G751) that I suggested you clean. Page 11-96 shows the main fuel relay testing.

hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Accord/

Old 05-15-2012, 01:22 PM

Ok...finally got under my car yesterday and dropped the tank since the weather has been good again. Got a new fuel pump since that was what seemed to be the culprit, and in the process of changing it (which went pretty smoothly up until this point) I ended up snapping one of my fuel lines. Now I am new at this, and know that I should have disconnected everything prior to changing the pump....but I figured I could save some time and weasel my way through it just fine by only disconnecting a few things to give myself some play room. Yeah...I was wrong. All the lines are very badly rusted and probably in need of changing anyways, but this is now a pretty big new problem. I have read that I can just get straight fuel lines and carefully bend them myself to get them through where I need to, and finish bending it to clean it up once it's in place...is this a good idea? I read that the hardest part is getting it through the firewall...and that you have to flare an end somewhere, then bleed them....how hard is this to do? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is....should I tow it to a garage and spend $600 for a total fuel-line/brake-line replacement combo, or should I try to do it myself? Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

If you have to replace all fuel lines, it may be tough. I replaced fuel lines on a Dodge Ram 1500 w/ lots of working room and fitting the lines was tedious. I installed some mid-line connections even though manual says not to do so (more leak points), however installing a single piece line looked too difficult.

If you only replace part of a line, it may be manageable.

good luck