General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 accord door lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Default 98 accord door lock issues

I just recently aquired a 98 accord, this is my first honda, well first import period so i don't know too much about them. i had the car for a week when i realized my power door locks didn't work anymore, upon further investigation i noticed that from the drivers side i can only control my own window and the one behind me. so the right(passenger) side of the car, the windows only roll down if you are at the respective door. so all the door locks do no work and the windows will roll down from their own switch but i can't roll down the passenger front or rear window from the driver seat. i figured no question this had to be a fuse somewhere, but i checked the drivers side box, the passenger side box, and the one under the hood and i couldn't find any fuses blown. anyone know something else it might be? or somewhere else i should look for a fuse? thanks in advance for any and all help.
jmyler

Old 09-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 98 accord door lock issues

Turn the key off, move the intermittent wiper control to the middle possition and then turn the key on. Does that get everything working?

Old 09-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Just curious, what exactly does the intermittent wiper method do to the car?

Old 09-02-2006, 03:24 AM
Administrator

Im curious also ..
What method is this that you are doing with the intermittent wiper switch ?
WheelBrokerAng

ORIGINAL: PIGGEBANK

Just curious, what exactly does the intermittent wiper method do to the car?

Old 09-04-2006, 05:48 PM

umm no that didn't work. lol

Old 09-04-2006, 06:16 PM

just to clarify it's the ring that controlls the intermittent wiper speed and not the int / low/ high switch.

for those asking what this does is it resets the multiplex unit that controlls the accessories such as the power door locks. This problem usually happens once the battery has been removed or disconnected and reconnected.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:03 PM

well i'll be damned, it did work. thats amazing! thank you so much

Old 09-04-2006, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: jmyler

well i'll be damned, it did work. thats amazing! thank you so much
Every once in a while the multiplex systems lock up. Espeicially on the 98s. That's how you wake em up.

Old 09-09-2006, 06:29 PM
jbt308
Unregistered

Hello all, first post, and I seem to have a very similar experience to the starter of this thread.

I've got a '99 EX that I bought from my sister. I noticed that the remote fob will unlock/lock the car, except for the driver side door. Also, the master switch on the door, which unlocks/locks all the doors works properly, except for the driver side door.

I know with previous Honda's I've been in, you've had to hold up the handle to lock the door, but that doesn't matter. I can either just press it down and close the door, or can turn the key and lock the driver's door.

I tried that intermittent wiper thing, but my INT ring doesn't have hi/mid/low, it's more of an analog in that you can set it to various postions.

I was thinking of just unplugging the battery for a few hours or so, will that do anything?

Thanks for any help

Old 09-09-2006, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: jbt308

Hello all, first post, and I seem to have a very similar experience to the starter of this thread.

Doesn't sound like the same problem to me. Have you checked to see if the drivers door lock actuator is getting power and ground?

Quick Reply: 98 accord door lock issues