General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

After disconnecting iPhone in 2013 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Default After disconnecting iPhone in 2013 Honda Accord

Last week I was unlucky when a screw got into a front tire. The warning light told me about it. I went to a gas station and fixed the problem by removing the screw and installing a plug.

After that, I reset the warning light according to the instructions.

This week I took I-95 going North in a two hours trip. We were using the iPhone in two ways: listening music while following the GPS maps.

At one point we disconnected the iPhone from the car's USB connection to follow the GPS instructions alone, and the car's radio/Aux/Bluetooth/etc became paralyzed. We turned it Off and turned it back On but still nothing, just the screen showing the radio station, but no music neither other features were available.

To make the problem worst, the tire pressure warning light came ON again, so I thought that I probably didn't make a good job fixing the flat tire. We arrived to our destiny and I went right away to a gas station to check the tires.

All of them were OK. After I started the car again, the radio/Aux/etc went back to normal. I also reset again the warning light and have problems no more.

I know that sometimes the radio will be very sensitive and that unplugging devices connected to it might cause the radio to freeze, but my concern is to know why the tire pressure warning light was also affected.

This is weird to me.

Last edited by darkseat; 12-14-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

That is strange. I would take a look in the owner's manual to find out how to properly disconnect a usb device.

I am not sure how the tire pressure system communicates through the car.

Your car is new enough that it is under warranty. If the problem returns, you can always take it to the dealership.