Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > General > General Tech Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2010, 06:06 PM

Default Acc0rD V6 2001 TUne-up Spark Plug

Hello my Dear Fellas,

Just wanted to say Thank you all for whos reading this post, and sharing your precious knowledge and helping me out here.

OkaY!!!

I have Honda Accord V6 3.0 (2001)
Current latest -> 105400 Miles.

Havent done the 60K Tuneup.

Now, still i m juggling with it coz of cost and rite now cant afford it. full tuneup. to change the timing belt and all other stuff. due to out of job couple yrs struggling. anyway thats my story.

Now i have friend whos frnd does the tuneup and service. and he ask me to do the tune up, like spark plug, filer, oil changes and other stuff for very cheap. he will change it, for under 100Buck, i have to buy the parts i want thats all. Good Deal For now.

The real question is, I am very confused. My budget is only $200. and what can i change and what parts should i get? to make my car run smoother, faster and better.

Could you please suggest me. i was thinking of to change the spark plugs and filter only that should do the trick, since i lost the power and smoothness of my car as well as mileage.

What Spark Plug should i get to get best performance to make my ride more powerfull, faster, smoother and better.

NGK is best i believe but which one is the better, they have 4 kind of plugs. Please suggest.

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Almost A Senior Member
1994 Honda Accord

Best I could find by NGK for your car was the Double Platinums. Part number - PZFR5F-11. By ratings and reviews, those are the best NGKs for a 2001 V6 Accord.
Clarion EQS746 7-Band Graphic Equalizer
Pioneer Head Unit - DEH-1900MP
Factory Honda speakers until I get some more money.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:38 PM

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

is there i can read some info about it? where should i get it for good prices rather then getting rip off, since never purchased b4.

What else do i need or can get ??

Thanks u Bro

Last edited by stye; 03-14-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
2005 Acura TSX

The PZFR5F-11 is the OEM part number for your car, so definitely get that NGK plug. You can expect to pay ~$10 for each plug, so $60 for plugs.

Air filter ~$10. Oil filter (I like PureOne Purlator that they have at advance auto parts) ~$7. Oil, stick with whatever type and weight was put in your car before (synthetic or regular). Synthetic lasts longer, but it is more expensive.

Check your owner's manual for the recommended maintenance schedule. I think that your TB is close to being due. I know its expensive, but your engine can get damaged if it breaks. Shop around for garages that specialize in hondas and/or foreign cars to get a reasonable quote.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Might want to clean your EGR system http://hondadude.webs.com/sb99085EGR.gif
Old 03-16-2010, 10:04 AM

Tags
2000, 2001, 2006, accoord, accord, buy, change, cost, honda, kind, plugs, price, pzfr5f, spark, tune, v6