General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord 91 Upper Control Arm Ball Joint Boot

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Hoang_Nguyen
Unregistered
Default Accord 91 Upper Control Arm Ball Joint Boot

I have an Accord 91 EX that I need to replace both (left and right) upper control arm ball joint boot. In that sense do I need to replace the lower ball joint too? are the upper control arm ball joint and lower ball joint related at all?

I can find the parts on ebay for 1/3 the price and they have some deal that include the lower ball joint as well?

Appreciated for your advice!

This is the link I found from ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Old 06-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Accord 91 Upper Control Arm Ball Joint Boot

ORIGINAL: Hoang_Nguyen

I have an Accord 91 EX that I need to replace both (left and right) upper control arm ball joint boot. In that sense do I need to replace the lower ball joint too? are the upper control arm ball joint and lower ball joint related at all?

I can find the parts on ebay for 1/3 the price and they have some deal that include the lower ball joint as well?

Appreciated for your advice!

This is the link I found from ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

First of all on behalf of all the members here at HAF,, i want to welcome you to our little corner on the net ..

If the upper ball joint is not worh and you need to replace just the boots because they are ripped,, you can get them at the dealer at about 3-4 dollars each..
If the upper ball joints are worn than you got to repalce the upper control arms..
if there is no visual damage and no wear on the lower ball joint than do not worry about them.. the upper and lower have nothing to do with each other when replace one or the other ..
If the lower ball joint boots are torn then of course replace them.........if lower ball joints are worn, replace them..

But again, if only the boots are damaged, get them at dealer ,

Old 06-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Hoang_Nguyen
Unregistered

deserthonda,

Thanks and appreciated for the info. Now, my next question to you is that after replacing the upper control arm ball joint boots (left and right) ...do I need to realign the front wheels/tires ...or realign anything?

Thanks,

Hoang_Nguyen

Old 06-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It is always advisable to get an allignment done after you repair the suspension. Do your tires wiggle when you drive?

Old 05-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Hoang_Nguyen
Unregistered

No, my tires are not wiggled at all!. Thanks for your advice. I did changed the upper control arm ball joint and now it works great. Thanks everyone!