General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord Radio Reactivation Codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Default Accord Radio Reactivation Codes

I just finished cleaning the EGR valve and EGR plate on top of my 1995 Accord EX engine. I pulled the 7.5 amp fuse to the radio to make the check engine light go out, which I read "somewhere", and the radio stopped working. The fuse box under the hood is located on the passenger side at the firewall. The good old "CODE" showed up on the display. I had no idea about that so after researching and finding out about the radio serial number, etc. I called the local dealer. No serial number..no code. How much to pull the radio because I didn't want to do it...$81!!!!!!!!!! Nope. So after reading several forums and posts on the subject I pulled the astray under the radio out and there was a white sticker on the back with a 5 digit number and then what appeared to be a serial number underneath it. I read that I should pull a battery cable off to reset the radio and then punch in the code. DON'T DO THIS!!!!!! Fortunately I decided to pull the 7.5 amp fuse again and try it. I pulled the fuse for about 10 to 15 seconds and replaced it, turned the car to "on" and turned on the radio. I punched in the code and BAM.....TUNES!!!!!!! So if you haven't looked on the back of the ashtray try it. I assume the other number is the serial number for the radio. I've read that it also can be under the center console cup holder, in or on the sides of the glove box, possibly on the underside of the trunk lid, inside the fuse box under the hood and anywhere else. I bought it used and had the owner's manual but it didn't have it written in it. Sorry for the long post but I just joined and decided to let anyone know that might have the same problem. My coworker actually got alot of info from here to help me get the work done. Great site....thanks.

Last edited by bauer007; 02-16-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Many dealers hide the radio code someplace like that, it's not there from the factory on all cars.

For USA cars you can go to www dot ahm-ownerlink dot com & register with the car's VIN. Among other things I think you can get the security code for the radio.