General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

After major service, the engine light was on and the car sounds like hybrid vehicle..

Old 11-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Default After major service, the engine light was on and the car sounds like hybrid vehicle..

So, I brought my car for a major service. After its done, the next day, I saw the engine light is on. And I also notice the car sounds like a hybrid vehicle..
I brought the car back, and they said the hybrid sound is cause by the timing belt (something about the pressure of it), and its time to change.
And for the engine light, they helped me to reset the light, but then it came back on when I picked up my car. So the guy brought the car back to check, and the technician found out that the car was in an accident before.. and they said its the accident that causes it.. they say there is a leak in the intake..

However, the accident was a year ago, the car was being fixed in a bodyshop, and the car runs perfect after that.
All these problems occur only AFTER the major service.. what do you guys think??

Old 11-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Default RE: After major service, the engine light was on and the car sounds like hybrid vehicle..

sound like they are trying to hide something. If it was not there before, then they done something unintentionally they dont know about, or must have left something disconnected.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Default RE: After major service, the engine light was on and the car sounds like hybrid vehicle..

yeah sounds like you either got a dirty mechanic that intentionally did something or they knocked something loose or didnt put something back together correctly.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:07 AM

What did your car's "major service" consist of?

Old 11-10-2006, 03:25 AM

The guy told me that the major service doesnt touch those parts...
but the problem happens only after the major service..

the major service is a regular honda major service.. you can check the booklet..

Old 11-10-2006, 03:25 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

what was ( is ) the code ??? .post the code here..

I guess this shop was not a shop that specializes in Hondas nor a dealer ..........

which service did they perform ??
what did they replace ??

if car was running ok and no chk engine lite before the service ,, i have to agree with other members that the shop messed something up

Old 11-10-2006, 03:35 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yes and can you post the name and location of this shop because i want to make sure never to go there. not like i would let anyone touch my wagon though