General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air mix motor assembly

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 08:40 AM

Maybe I didn't describe the situation properly, there's a plastic arm on top of the motor (not shown on diagram) that the metal link rod is attached to. This plastic arm won't come off the motor (tried to gently pry it off, no go), the hole on the plaatic arm where the metal rod goes into is a molded clip so when you push the rod in it snaps into place. The only way I can see to separate the rod from the motor is to break the clip around the hole. The new motor will come complete with the arm link, so no problem. Here is a link to view my heater unit. The Air Mix motor is part #6 and you can see the plastic arm I'm refering to. Honda Parts OEM 30% Off | No Tax!! Outside California | Honda Dealer Parts. Thank you everyone for all of your imputs, I really appreciate it!

Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

I "think" the motor comes with the arm, so you are only worried about the "other" end......where #8 is.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Default It's not the Air Mix motor

Okay, got the new motor, replaced it with no problems, but I get the same result; the motor controlling the linkage to the blend door is still moving randomly (not a lot but just enough to let in some warm air). When I turn the temp **** to the hot side there's no problems only when it's in the cold position. So while I'm down there observing the motor I put my hand on the temp **** and by just touching the **** (not turning) the motor starts moving the linkage! If I apply the slightest force to the **** (the **** is already positioned to the coldest setting) the motor will move the linkage to it's full cold position, and when I take my hand away it moves back at least an inch, and then adjusts itself back and forth randomly. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Now I'm thinking I may need to replace the entire temp control panel.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Default Ever solve the problem?

I think I've been having the same issue with my 99 exvl and I'm about to take a sledgehammer to my dashboard because of the fluttery servo noises coming from it all the time.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Default i have the same thing but

i have the same problem but it move motor moves but the air still come out cold i think the mix airpanel is the problem i already check the valve swich and the hose are hot when start both hoses, sometime it get warm but not all the way warm and then it just get cold

Last edited by dani1440; 12-27-2012 at 03:55 PM.