General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anti theft switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:02 PM
jerico
Unregistered
Default anti theft switch

Morning folks-
Someone in my neighborhood has aquired a set of Honda master keys and is driving them away to later strip. Is there a wire I can intercept with a relay/switch to disable the vehicle while not occupied?

Thanks-
jerico

Old 10-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Default RE: anti theft switch

I can't think of anything rightnow. You could always disconnect the battery and hope that if they try to crank the car and it doesn't work they will simply move on without popping the hood (not likely a thief would try to pop the hood if a no-start).

Old 10-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

disconnect the wire to the starter solenoid it won't be as obvious as disconnecting the battery , just in case they open the hood
Or you can spend 10 dollars and about an hour to install a kill switch ,, killing power to the fuel pump ( car won't start )

Old 10-18-2007, 02:51 PM
jerico
Unregistered

Thanks guys-

I was hoping to avoid raising the hood every time---do you know if there's a fuel pump fuse in either panel I could tap for the switch?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:06 PM

ive always wanted to put a kill switch in my car. and a push button start

Old 10-18-2007, 03:11 PM

Try pulling off the in car fuse box cover. There should be a diagram showing which fuse controls what. Maybe there is a fuse you could pull, but I am not sure.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

installing a fuel pump kill switch is very easy and secure!
the fuel pump wire goes in the passenger door sill (the part underneath the door)
just carefully pry up on the plastic strip at the bottom of the drivers door. Underneath there are a bunch of wires, one is the fuel pump. (im not too sure which one, look on the internet for a color chart, on mine it was the black/red one) just be sure to check the wire with a multimeter. If you cant figure it out by looking online, take the rear seat out and look at the fuel pump wires.
Just interrupt the wire and install a switch for it. You can also access the wire under the panel in front of the passenger door sill, there is lots of space there.
However, DO NOT put more than 5ft of wire between the fuel pump wire and the switch, or else there will enough resistance in the wire to weaken the fuel pump. If you want to, install a relay.

here a good guide on installing a fuel pump kill switch: http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938 (scroll down)

I wish I could be more help but I just dont know much about 4th gens.