General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buffalo, NY Snowstorm - Honda Worked Great!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 12:49 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Buffalo, NY Snowstorm - Honda Worked Great!!!

Just in case anyone on this forum didn't hear, we in Buffalo, NY had a historic snowstorm last night that left nearly 400,000 homes without electric power and downed trees and power lines along with many abandoned cars on the highway! My '06 Accord got it's first taste of winter driving last night on a 40 mile drive from work to home. Having to drive with no street lights and no traffic lights on roads that basically weren't plowed, the car handled incredibly well in the wet slushy snow!!! My ABS brakes went off once when I applied the brakes quickly and the car continued to steer straight. During the drive, an SUV in front of me even fishtailed on the same roadway as I was on yet my Honda performed very well, I don't think I fishtailed once! The only thing I had to do (and I think it was because the car has summer wiper blades on it) was stop every 15-20 minutes to clean off the slush build-up on the wiper blades! I suppose the only thing I could really be upset about is the fact that just 5 days ago, I spent probably 5 hours washing, waxing, and cleaning the car, now this! The car is now covered with good old fashioned New York Rock Salt! Good thing it's a gray car, it hides the dirt well! Anyone else have an interesting story about driving an Accord in the winter, or if you were caught in the same storm with an Accord? Please post here!

Old 10-14-2006, 01:10 AM
Default RE: Buffalo, NY Snowstorm - Honda Worked Great!!!

Hello Welcome to the forum!! I have also had a great experience with my honda in the snow. I went to Snowshoe in West Virginia to snowboard and that weekend there was a crazy storm. The honda had no problem with going up the mountain on snow filled roads. I was worried when I entered the parking lot at Snowshoe because the snow was easily more than a foot deep. The honda went in the parking lot and came out with no problem. My car was the only car in the parking lot that was not a 4WD. It's so great how the honda handles in the snow. I hope you have fun on the forum.. Breeze

Old 10-14-2006, 02:44 AM
Administrator

Happy to see you got home safely and that your Honda handeled so well for you..
Thanks for posting..

WheelbrokerAng

Old 10-14-2006, 08:41 PM

My previous honda (86 prelude 5-speed) also done remarkably well in the last snowstorm SC had ( 4 years ago lol) and also my 92 accord lx that I drive now did outstanding in the giant ice storm we had down here last December that left the upstate of South Carolina powerless for 4 days.