General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Can you tell me where to get the hoses and clamps for accord front cooler hoses

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Default Can you tell me where to get the hoses and clamps for accord front cooler hoses

I am working on a 95 Honda Accord 130k on it, I have not found any place and searched endlessly the forums to find out what people are using for the lines that are rubber and the clamps they use to seal these with that go to the power steering cooler that fits in front of the radiator. I have tried repeatedly with hoses I have bought at advance and some at napa and using the stainless steel water clamps couldn't seal this off from leaking. Seem maybe the hoses were a hair to big and maybe binding when tightened up. Where do you get the good clamps that cqme off from the factory with the screw pressure like on the ones used on turbo system lines. anybody found a good place to get these besides ebay 10 at a time. I am really at my wits end on this one I have been driving the car with the belt unhooked have really bulked up but ready for a rest......was thinking that maybe with the constant flow after tightening both lines up that I may have even a pump going bad wonder if thats where they bust loose at it.....seems the lines have a lot of pressure on them too......anyway appreciate any help that anybody has had with this problem......

Last edited by vet67coupe; 08-03-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

I doubt the clamps are the problem. The ATF cooling hoses (supply and return) are quite stiff and strong hoses since they carry a critical fluid for car to move.

I would go w/ OEM hoses from a Honda Parts outlet. You can also purchase the OEM style hose clamps there also.

good luck

Old 08-08-2013, 11:18 PM

Thanks for reply Texas Honda kinda thought my problem was the hose either being hair to big causing an overlap there is absolutely no where to get these hose in east Ky....guess am going to have to make plunge and order straight from factory.......thanks for reply been busy with 2 suzuki king quads and a 15 yr old......lol