General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car 'attempts' to keep locking itself

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Stan... Im going to go out and take a picture of what the problem was on my car, and ill send you the picture VIA Email... gimme a lil while

Old 08-16-2012, 09:03 PM
JJC
Newest Of Newbies

Hey Stan, I was just trying to ask this same question. I got the same thing/problem, same make 96 Accord. I'm sure all 4 door are cycling together- lock then unlock over and over (hard to stop just this part too, try key and pulling on inside locking-***).
MY QUESTION FOR MY CAR: is the problem in the driver side or passener side? Can it be both? Were would one start, driver side? For sure all 4 started the same time, only a few days ago. A-1 auto.com has good video on this repair... taking the door apart too. The post here at this site, DIY has good info and I thank the writer. Lets Keep working together and posting what u find - ALL of US.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

I'll have to check the wiring, but you may be able to unplug one actuator at a time to see if it stops the doors from continuously locking. That would involve removing all the door panels first.

You probably have to try this when the locks are acting up.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:43 PM
JJC
Newest Of Newbies
Default Door locks cycling lock - unlock

This is another problem with mine. They don't do it all the time so hard to check. And for sure if you work on it, they will work just fine during that time.
Hard to say which is giving the problem as all of them are doing it at the same time. Because the Driver door is the one locked most of the time, I guest to start there. Check these sites for video:

How To Install Replace Front Door Lock Actuator Honda Accord 94-97 1AAuto.com
Auto Repair Installation Videos at 1AAuto.com
and
How To Install Replace Door Panel Trim Honda Accord 94-97 Front 1AAuto.com

You will see other videos there on the rear door repairs also. Let us know what u find. Hope this helps... Blessings

Old 08-18-2012, 04:02 PM
JJC
Newest Of Newbies

I don't know were my replys are going but here are 2 videos / web sites on working on the doors and replacing the door lock actuator. (I hope this gets posted) Hope it helps and someone can tell the rest of us how to fix the problem:
repair actuator

Pulling door panel

Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JJC
Hey Stan, I was just trying to ask this same question. I got the same thing/problem, same make 96 Accord. I'm sure all 4 door are cycling together- lock then unlock over and over (hard to stop just this part too, try key and pulling on inside locking-***).
MY QUESTION FOR MY CAR: is the problem in the driver side or passener side? Can it be both? Were would one start, driver side? For sure all 4 started the same time, only a few days ago. A-1 auto.com has good video on this repair... taking the door apart too. The post here at this site, DIY has good info and I thank the writer. Lets Keep working together and posting what u find - ALL of US.
Start with checking the drivers door, it gets the "most work". After checking/repairing/replacing it. If the issue is still there go to the pass side.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:45 PM
JJC
Newest Of Newbies
Default Car 'attempts' to keep locking itself

Stan,

How is it going did u get it fixed yet?

Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Hey guys,

Sorry for not replying to any of this.

I am pretty sure that my problem has been fixed. I've been looking after the locking problem and it seems to have gone away. I only replaced the rubber piece in the driver's side actuator.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hey everyone,

I had to revisit this thread because this problem came up again last night when I tried to start my car but there wasn't enough juice in the battery.

Are there any other possible reasons for this problem other than the driver and passenger side actuators?
Also, last time, I looked and fixed only the driver's side. I'm guessing I should check the passenger side as well to make sure everything is good on that end?

Thanks everyone

Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

If you are not hearing the "clicking" from the door locks..then I'm going to guess a battery issue, or something.

Have the battery charged and tested.