Cars starts , shakes and then turns off - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > General > General Tech Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Default Cars starts , shakes and then turns off

Hello i bught a Honda accord 2000 v6 from a dealer last night today i tried to turn it on it starts to shake and then turns off , but then if i wait like 10-20 min and try a again it works for some time and then turns off again can it be the battery , or the spark , please give me any ideas of what i should do i don't want my 6,000 to go down the drain . Please help im not good in cars
Old 03-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Even used cars normally come with something like a 30-day warranty.
'05 Saab 9x aero (RIP)
'09 Saab 9ss
'10 Saab 9sc
my kids have Civics
Old 03-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

take it back ASAP and have them fix it .

.My best advice since i have to assume that you did not do it,,,,,,,,take the car to a shop that specializes on Hondas and have them do a buyer's inspection ,, trust me,, best 70-100 dollars that you will ever spend ,,, we have saved people a lot of money by finding issues before they finalize the purchase ,,
when it comes to buying a used car have it checked out ,,

If shop finds issues tell the dealer where you bought the car to fix them ( it ) or return your money..
Take a look in the DIY section before asking for help.

Always Diagnose First,,, Before Replacing Parts.