General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

CEL -- Car feels like it might stall

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Default CEL -- Car feels like it might stall

Check engine light came on today.. I got a 2000 Accord SE 4 cyl.. The light came on while I was in the middle of driving up a hill, noticed nothing initially. when I came to the parking lot and put it in reverse to park, engine sounded like it was about to die out.. It didn't actually die out but sounds like it may.. Ran perfectly fine when driving at normal speeds though..

UPDATE: So, I drove another 70 miles today, school and back.. I put the car on cruise to hold 60 mph while going up an incline and this time I could tell that the car wasn't breathing right. You know how it's supposed to make a noticeable deepish noise with an aftermarket intake when you push the throttle a little going up hill, that noise isn't being made.. awful description but it is one.. Basically I could hear tinging from something (presumably the catalytic converter) and I could feel the car jerking a little, almost like the VTEC wasn't engaging properly..

I'll get the code from autozone after my other midterm tomorrow, might have to do it thursday.. in the meantime, any suggestions are appreciated..

problems problems...

Last edited by grim_reaper; 03-27-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Until you get the code, no.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:10 PM

alright finally got around to picking up the code after spending yesterday driving my life away.. anyway here it is: P1259..

Probable Causes:

- Open or short circuit condition..
- VTEC solenoid valve fault
- VTEC pressure switch fault
- Blocked oil passage..

the weird thing about all this is, that still doesn't explain the daily rattle, I guess it could be the heatshield.. but it's also so ironic that the guy at mavis, while having my tires changed couple months ago, told me my cat is going out and/or gone.. but then again, everyone here is trying to rip everyone else off.. don't know what the hell is what.. very coincidental though..