General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:37 AM
u dun 4
Unregistered
Default Need Advice

I have a 94 Accord V-TEC H22. I have a couple of problems na da couple of questions and just need a lilttle bit of help. I cracked my rear bumper and wa swondering where it would be the best to get a replacement bumper. Also My leather in my Accord is starting to mess up. I want to find a nice racing seat covers for my entire car but I see alot of cheap ones. Lately my car has been sputtering when I go to slow down in my car and when its at speeds over 60 MPH. Also my 5th gear is shot on my car. Is it better to try to get that fix for 700 dollars or get someone to throw another manual tranny in it. Other than that my car is perfect. If I can get some tips it would be greatly appreaciated. Thank you.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Need Advice

Some bumper cracks can be repaired w/ plastic welding and application of body filler to repair. Check car-part.com for a used bumper near you. Probably cheaper than repair, but you'll have to repaint. Expect to pay $200 or so for painting. Get a warranty as someshopswill try to shortcut bumper painting w/o paint addidtives and paint will shortly crack and flake off.

Leather wear is a problem I haven't found any solution. New covers can be installed but they are pricey and installation is a pretty good job for DIY'r. There are repair kits but they don't last too long and matching color is difficult. I did one repair w/ these kits and was not happy w/ the result. I bought some inexpensive slip-over covers on ebay that have worked pretty well so far. The fit was fair and they have stayed in place. I think I paid about $50/cover.

Sputtering during deceleration and higher speed could be many things, but ignition faults (spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor) would be my guess. Check Engine Light on or not?

Regarding transmission, I would go w/ used. You won't save you money, but I think you wind up w/ a better transmission. If you trust the mechanic $700 for removal, repair, and reinstallation is fair.

good luck

Old 06-17-2007, 12:27 PM
u dun 4
Unregistered

Yes the check engine light comes on after i accelerate at about 85 mph in 4th gear. Remember my 5th gear is shot. So it would go out and after I turn my car off. It rattles like somethings loose when I try to slow down.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Check engine light cause should be determined by obtaining the MIL code. See following link.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/HON...m_15108/tm.htm

It could be a VTEC fault causing the high speed code. Code will tell.

Rattling while slowing down could be an exhaust leak or heat shield vibration. Check heat shields on exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe.

good luck

Old 06-17-2007, 10:18 PM

I`ll check the junk yard,you will find lots of good used parts,and its a good place to learn

Old 06-22-2007, 12:03 PM
u dun 4
Unregistered

Yea I checked my car and didnt see any damage to the exhaust. I put a fuel injector cleaner and that helped very little. I really dont know what it is but its seriously bothering me. To my eye I dont not know whats the problem but something sounds loose sometimes under my car. But I cant put my finger on it.