General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

clicking sound inside door after locking

Old 06-20-2005, 01:47 PM
kpearson10
Unregistered
Default clicking sound inside door after locking

I have a 96 2 door accord, the original keyless entry system broke and no longer works. I lock/unlock it manually. When I go to lock my door (you have to pull slightly on the inside door lever to push the door lock down) and close my door I hear a click-click inside the door somewhere. This happens right after I close the door and maybe a few minutes later. The door always remains locked. I never hear it again because I am away from it(obviously!). After a weekend camping trip, my tent was set up right next to my car and I could hear this clicking sound at random intervals hours later! Even in the middle of the night!
Can anyone tell me what this is, why it is doing it and does something need to be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
kpearson

Old 06-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Default RE: clicking sound inside door after locking

some kind of problem with a door locks - need to open it up and see.

Also - when you lock the car - does the master lock work or do you have to lock the passenger doors as well?

the clicking souns you describing may be ( and i guess here ) the Drivers door lock actuator is faulty or have a bad ground.

the most common door lock problem with that model is that when you try to open the door lock - the lock cycles several times from lock to unlock position.
you mentioned that the remote entry stopped working = how come?

Old 06-22-2005, 03:11 AM
Administrator

Hi new member, welcome to the forums..
I'm also going to look into your problem for you, I will ask my ASE mechanick at my local Honda Dealer and see if he can shed some light on this for you..

WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 06-27-2005, 11:49 AM
kpearson10
Unregistered

Thanks for checking into that for me, I really appreciate it.
As for the post from Evlampius, the passenger door lock works fine. I can lock/unlock from my side just fine. It is not unlocking when it makes this clicking sound though. The door remains locked until I use the key to unlock it. As for the remote entry; the car had been hit from the rear and after being repaired the alarm kept going off when the remote entry was used. The shop said the remote entry system was broken and they unhooked it. If it had been me I would have raised a fuss because it worked before it went in to be repaired. It wasn't mine then and I can't do anything about it now.
Thanks again,
kpearson10

Old 08-23-2005, 02:34 PM
jcvlz
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: kpearson10

I have a 96 2 door accord, the original keyless entry system broke and no longer works. I lock/unlock it manually. When I go to lock my door (you have to pull slightly on the inside door lever to push the door lock down) and close my door I hear a click-click inside the door somewhere. This happens right after I close the door and maybe a few minutes later. The door always remains locked. I never hear it again because I am away from it(obviously!). After a weekend camping trip, my tent was set up right next to my car and I could hear this clicking sound at random intervals hours later! Even in the middle of the night!
Can anyone tell me what this is, why it is doing it and does something need to be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
kpearson
Sounds like our 97 Accord, even with the random clicks going on all night. It's really aggravating when it clicks while you're driving. The left rear door started doing this 6 months ago, so we had it disconnected (it's manual now). NOW the front passenger door is doing it! Maybe the best fix is to disconnect the fuse for the locks (if it only servs the locks...) I'm interested in a real fix, but I suspect it is one of those elusive "electrical" problems that are too expensive to correct properly.

Here's hoping someone has a real fix!

John