General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

clutch hydraulic system question on a 91

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default clutch hydraulic system question on a 91

ok, so i replaced my clutch master cylinder a couple months ago and the car drove ok for a month or so. before i replaced it, i could be stopped at a light with the pedal down and it would fade(kinda like a brake master cylinder going bad) and engage the clutch slowly. naturally i assumed it was the clutch master and replaced it. it is still acting pretty much the same way but not near as bad so i replaced the slave. i noticed while working on it, on top of the bell housing where the feed line comes off the slave, it goes up and into another regulator or something. its pretty wet around there and looks like it has been that way a little while(i just bought the car about 1000 miles ago or i woulda noticed sooner.) is there something around that general area on a 4th gen that goes bad? i assumed the line ran from the slave to the master but i guess not. i would assume it is a Honda-only part cuz its not listed on most auto parts sites.

any help would be appreciated... i bought the car about 1000 miles ago for 300 bucks put a new distributer on it an and other than this ongoing problem the car is a champ. has a new starter, dist, plug wires, battery, timing belt, water pump, axles, alternator, brakes, tires and a recently retrofitted a/c. the car looks like hell on the outside but inside is clean and i just want to get it fixed once and for all so i dont have to put all the work miles on my RSX since it now has 110,000 miles on it.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

They are all pretty much line connections throughout the system. Not sure which connection is bad. Try to tighten down the line? If that doesn't fix it, either the line fitting is messed up, or the housing that it connects to.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Newest Of Newbies

update: i bled the system really good this time. when i first had just replaced the master and bled the system, i bled it until i got no air and clear fluid. this time when i replaced the slave the same thing happened, got clear fluid and no air but i kept bleeding and after 4 or 5 more times it started burping again and some white milky $h!+ came out. bled again about 3 or 4 ore pumps after that (used almost a whole bottle of fluid) and it was coming out clean and clutch feels great again.