General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control fuse

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by PAhonda
There are a lot of items that can cause the cruise to turn off.

The easiest test is to drive the car on a highway. Hold down the horn and see if the CC will set. If it does, then the cable reel may need replaced.

Hold down the horn? As in honk?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Yes. Continuously hold down the horn button and try to set the cruise control.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:23 AM

There are two separate lights on the dash panel, side by side. One will illuminate when the cruise button is depressed to show that the "system" is on. The other only lights when the cruise is set to a speed. It will go out when you disengage (tapping the brake). If everything works except the light, it could simply be a bulb has burned out in the dash panel.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by gitman7
I have a 2005 Honda Accord and my cruise control won't engage. It lights when I press the button but goes out when I release it. If I hold it in I can hit the set button and the cruise control works just fine but I would have to keep my finger on the engage button continuously :-) Any ideas what this could be and if this is a diy fix or require the dealer?

Honda Accord 2005 LX automatic 6 cyl.

My 04 Accord LX manual had the same problem. I was able to remove the 2 screws holding the switch in on the back side of the steering wheel. They were philips and don't come all the way out. After that I was able to pull the whole crusie control block out with some finess. You can then unplug it. After that I removed the 3 screws (small philips) in the back of the switch and opened up the cruise control block. When doing this you will see a board and a single button for the crusie on/off switch. I was able to spray mine with some electrical contact cleaner and pressed it a few times and it started working again. I put it all back together and it has worked fine since. The whole thing took me 30 minutes.