General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

D4 Light Won't Stop Blinking

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: D4 Light Won't Stop Blinking

Prizma, you need to read the error code via DH's directions above. Trannies can have a whole slew of issues and yours may not be the same problem as PhillipK's.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:17 PM
hcg
Unregistered

Please HELP! I have same problem, D4 starts blinking on 95 Accord after driving some and when it does transm gets uneven even though when I turn the engine off it seems to reset and get no blinking until drive again for a while. Jumped the SC connector while engine on and got code 4 (speed sensor) but the speedometer works well so not sure if it is the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 11-26-2007, 03:36 PM

does your cruise control work? Did you read the code more than once to make sure that it's a code 4?

Old 11-26-2007, 04:36 PM
hcg
Unregistered

yes the cruise control works and read the code several times, code 4 for sure

Old 11-26-2007, 04:51 PM

Where did you find/read the code from to determine that it points to a speed sensor? was it a CKP Sensor by chance?

also, since we've got multiple people on this thread please post your car info in your signature so it's always there

Old 11-27-2007, 05:24 AM
hcg
Unregistered

First of all, thanks a million! No, used the codes found in the "Automatic Transmission Diagnostic Trouble Codes" for Honda found in the troubleshooting zone of http://techauto.awardspace.com/transmission.html
Code 4 reads speed sensor.
The code 4 for CKP sensor (I found) is when the check engine light is the one that blinks, in my case the D4 light is the one blinking. I do not think the problem is the speed sensor (VSS) since the speedometer works well and got no diagnostic code from the check engine light (should show code 17 for VSS). The D4 ususally begins to blink when shifting from 3 to 4 gear and once the blinking begins all shifts become erratic and even the engine idles uneven when in drive (accelerates and deaccelerates by itself, if place transmission in neutral idle returns to normal).

Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 PM

It almost sounds like a TCU issue. I wouldn't condem it just yet, someone will give some additional advice but it all sounds way to random and sporadic to be a VSS (especially if your cruis and speedo work fine). Do you have any junk yards nearby? Have you already tried resetting the ECU?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

code 4 . lock up clutch not engaging,,

chk all the wiring and connections at speed sensor,
also, chk the same at lock up solenoid..

the link you have shows a way to test solenoids.also you might want to remove the solenoids and clean the solenoid screen and passages in tranny, blow in there with some compressed air ( not full blast )

try this and keep us posted

Old 11-27-2007, 01:07 PM

see, I knew if we just waited someone would come along that new that code! Forget what I said listen to deserthonda (seriously) he's the man!

Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 PM
hcg
Unregistered

Thanks, IĀ“ll give it a try and let you know!

Quick Reply: D4 Light Won't Stop Blinking