General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dash Light, brake light turns off when press brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Default Dash Light, brake light turns off when press brake pedal

Hi,
I have 1994 honda accord LX, Recently this weird problem started.

When i remote start (aftermarket remote starter pro start), everything works perfectly, the moment i put the key and press the brake pedal, The dash(intrument panel) light , rear brake lights turns off. luckily headlight works.
perhaps while driving i press the brake pedal, i see rear brake lights turns on, if brakes released it turns off.
I talked to the shop guys who installed the remote starter, they say its my cars problem since his system triggers everything perfect. (asking me extra $$ to trouble shoot the problem)
i checked 7.5amp fuse its ok. rear bulbs all ok, couple of times left side rear brake bulb blew.
This also has the hitch connector in the trunk. The remote starter was installed before winter, till date it was working good.
Now i cant drive this car in night. please help

Thanks in advance

Victor

Old 03-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Hello Victor..Thank You for joining the HAF..I'm gonna move you over to the Genl Tech forum because this one is just for Introductions..
Make sure you post in the correct forums..

Again, Thanks
WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, I'm confused. When this happens do the brake lights not work or do the running lights not work. One part sounds like the brake lights don't work but at the end it is stated you can not drive at night.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
Sorry, I'm confused. When this happens do the brake lights not work or do the running lights not work. One part sounds like the brake lights don't work but at the end it is stated you can not drive at night.

Brake lights dont work, in night i cant drive means " i cant see the instrument panel, and the rear brake light are off only comes on when i press the brakes,.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

"victorywhity"-please don't take my questions the wrong way, need to understand so I might be able to help.

Let's take one at a time and the most imprtant IMO-when the headlights are on, the taillights do not come on. Does this happen when you use the remote start, do not use it or ALL the time?