General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash light needed and SRS light is on, '01 EX V6

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 06:58 PM
Default Dash light needed and SRS light is on, '01 EX V6

I'd like to kill two birds with one stone if thats okay. First off, no light for my gauges. I.E., i cannot see the tach or speedo at night. I found the bulbs, one tested bad, looks to be wired like christmas tree lights, so if one is out then the other won't light as well. Does this sound right? The bulbs are located on the top of the cluster, NOT the backside. All I can find online are the other style.

Can you please provide a link where to buy them?

Here is a pic I stole to show you which bulbs. Gauge lights, 1.4w x 2.

Next is my SRS light came on. I tried to reset it and it doesn't go away, which tells me there is a for sure problem? Any idea what to do next as far as troubleshooting? I've checked around the seats and belts, bounced around and what not...Isn't there a warranty that covers seat belts and air bags beyond the factory warranty as well, since its a safety thing? I think there are a few recalls that I've ignored too, oops!

BTW, my local Honda dealer has failed me on the last five visits. Plus they've changed names four times since I bought the car. I don't plan on going back anytime soon, hopefully.

Thanks for any help, hopefully I'm not TLDR!! lol

Attached Thumbnails Dash light needed and SRS light is on, '01 EX V6-192750_gaugebulbs00accordex01b_1.jpg  
Old 06-20-2015, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

I'd be willing to bet if you pull one of the bulbs and go to a good parts store they can help you out.

For the SRS. Some have had luck with getting the dealer to take care of the issue under warranty. The most common failure is the drivers seatbelt "latch". If it is the latch and the dealer won't do it for free, you can get a new one for ~$70 and do it yourself.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:33 AM

I'll give the parts store a try, I remember a time when I went into the dealership with the bulb and temp cluster in hand and they still couldn't give me the exact part, had to guess from (purchase) two types.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:35 AM

What can I test for on the latch?

Old 06-21-2015, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

There are tests that can be done.

Best thing to do would be to get the code. There are some "how to" threads floating around. If it is the latch there are some that have cleaned the latch part and got it working again.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:25 PM

Suddenly my gauge lights are working again. I still have those two bulbs pulled out. So apparently those bulbs are of some other use, but Im not sure what? Though one is for sure bad. Tried the parts store anyhow, and as I thought, they were completely useless. The guy went over to the shelf and showed me some 194 bulbs that according to him "looked pretty close."

That being said, anyone know what those bulbs that are shown in the pic supposed to do?

Still havent tackled the SRS light.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:32 AM

You should first pull the SRS code before resetting it. Then try resetting it again using the SRS service connector and follow the reset procedure to a T. If you are off just a little with the reset sequence it will not reset. Be sure the seat belt(s) are not latched while doing the procedure. When you start the car with the belt un-latched does the dash light come on saying it is not latched and does it go away when you latch it?