General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

dont know how bad it is

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:58 PM
91f22accordphilly
Unregistered
Default dont know how bad it is

my tranny tends to slip a little i hav an auto wit 178,000 and i want to get a stk conversion but anywayz wen i put it in gear it jerks bak wen i hit the gas. i mean i already hav other priorities tht have to be addressed first like my shot motor mounts and sway bar links which are killin my axles but should i just try and change the whole tranny or is it a small problem only to get worse as time goes on or do i need to take of tht first? thanks for ur input

Old 07-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: dont know how bad it is

year make and model and if applicable engine size/cyl

Old 07-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I am assuming from the log on name that it is a 91 accord.................

first off make sure there is planty of fluid, if full and still slips it is most likely internal issues ( clutches wearing down )
the jerking when put into gear could be because the motor mounts are broken .
Have a shop that specializes on Hondas or the Dealer chk it out and give you an estimate

Old 08-10-2006, 02:52 AM
91f22accordphilly
Unregistered

its an auto tranny 91 accord ex 2.2liter f22a4 engine...i want to change my fluid but wen i get under the car from the front there are 2 plugs that look identical im guessing the oil pan is on the driver side and the transmission is on the passenger side sometimes the sport lite tends to blink after i start the car wen that happens i let the car sit for a few minutes an restart it and it stops blinking i know i need motor mounts but from where could i get them w/out going to honda and paying alot also my sway bar links are shot my shocks are bad to my tires are bad to i need a new water tank for the radiator...does neone kno a shop on the eastcoast inbetween new york jersey and philly that specialize in hondas where i could get it fixed and wut websites would be good to get 91 accord parts from and a manual tranny for my car please let me know cuz my other option is buyin a 94 teg for 2700 with an ls motor intake cams an exhaust but i love my accord and where i live noone has this kind of car i love my coupe please ane insight will put me in a perfect direction! my motor is perfect for turbos but how could i make a high-revving turbo beast would i have to lower the compression ratio or leave it as is cuz its still strong at 179600 miles on it let me know websites, shops, numbers etc...