General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dont know how to read ABS code (video)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Default Dont know how to read ABS code (video)

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share....tate=RETRIEVED

Tell me what code that is, is it a code 1, 4-4
I took the wheel off to clean the senor and while i was doing that it gave me a code 3. and no code 4-4. now the wheel is back on and it gives me a code 4-4.

Someone help.........
ps. I know that video shows my number plz be grown up dont call me.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Default RE: Dont know how to read ABS code (video)

It looks like a code 1 then a code 4-4 to me as well. The one is a pump over-run and the code 4 is in fact that wheel sensor. Give me a second I'll consult the manual. Don't know this stuff off the top of my head.

http://www.bba-reman.com/content.asp...identification

Old 12-27-2007, 11:27 AM

Rather than trying to pull out all the manual pages and post them just follow the link below and download the manual. You want to go to sections 19-96 (RR Wheel sensor) and 19-73 (over-run) it has a troubleshooting tree. Give it a shot and let us know!

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

Old 12-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

On that model Accord, code 1 can frequently be caused by lack of fluid in the ABS modulator reservoir. Look for brake fluid beneath the modulator. The loss of fluid arises from leaks by the body plugs (~6 ?) that need be removed, cleaned and reinstalled w/ new torque spec. This repair fixed my daughter's 97 Acura CL (same ABS system as Accord) modulator. If you can't find this TSB, PM me w/ your email address and I'll forward a pdf copy.

good luck

Old 12-27-2007, 02:25 PM

I got this manual Honda Accord CE1/CE2 (1996) Update for CD7/CD9 Service Manual, But its says nothing about ABS.
I tried the PM you TexasHonda But it wont let me my email address is avire_ja@yahoo.com

Old 12-27-2007, 02:41 PM

you downloaded the update for the cd7/cd9 manual not the full manual itself. You want this one: Honda Accord CD7/CD9 (1994) Service Manual (45Mb PDF)

The file you downloaded is the updated information for the 96.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:30 PM

ok I got it.........LOTS OF INFORMATION!!!!
LOTS of things i dont understand. I think the air gap between the sensor and the pulser is kind of close. As for the pump over run there is too many things that could cause it to diagnose. And why did i get a code 3 when i was cleaning the sensor?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:38 PM

no idea on the code 3 unless you simply misread it (easy to do....), if it hasn't come back I wouldn't sweat it though. Did you check for leaks on the ABS resevoir?

Old 12-27-2007, 07:01 PM

Ok to check for leaks what do i need to do? remove the resovior? Or just look for fluid? I checked around the resovior and saw no fluid.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:59 PM

is the reservoir on the modulator between the min and max lines? if so, the accumluator most likely has a weak charge. if not, fill it up, start up the car, let the accumulator charge, shut it off, top off the fluid again, start it up, let the accumulator charge, shut it off. you may need to bleed the modulator system(see that info in the manual?)

Quick Reply: Dont know how to read ABS code (video)