General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Lock when Trunk is Open

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Default Door Lock when Trunk is Open

I have a 2014 Accord 4 door. Base model, LX? This is the lowest priced Accord you can get, even has the 6 speed manual. No extras. It has remote door locks and trunk release.

I've noticed that the doors lock when the trunk is open. Doesn't lock otherwise by its self, just when the trunk is open. Today I was organizing the trunk a little. I opened the trunk, laid the keys face up on the roof. About a minute later the doors locked. Doors do not lock by themselves if the trunk is closed. Is there something wrong, is this supposed to do this? If yes, why?

Old 01-25-2015, 06:36 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

On the "why" ...
Someone else may help you more, but I'd guess that it's Honda corporate interpretation of how to help Americans customers
manage (reported) U.S. crime aspects that the Honda managers aren't experiencing individually in Japan.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

• The car has an auto door "relock" feature, after unlocking the doors with the remote, if you do not open a door within 30 seconds, the doors will automatically relock. (30 seconds is default relock, some models can be reprogrammed to 30, 60 or 90 seconds.)
The doors should not automatically re-lock if you did not already lock the car doors with the remote, unlocked them, and open a door.
  • If you don't lock the car after the car is turned off, the doors should not automatically lock.
Note: "Auto-door locking" is different than the "auto re-locking" feature. Auto-door locking locks all doors when the vehicle’s speed reaches about 10 mph (15 km/h).

Did you by chance unlock the doors using the remote first and not open a door?

Old 01-25-2015, 08:31 PM

Did you by chance unlock the doors using the remote first and not open a door?[/QUOTE]

No sure now that you mention it. I have to try it both ways later. Auto engineers think differently than other people.

In my neighborhood some people leave there keys in there cars. On a cold day lot of people leave there cars running at the gas station when they go to pay for there gas.

Thanks to everyone for the answers.