General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dual mass fly wheel and clutch replaced

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Dual mass fly wheel and clutch replaced

Hi after a bit of advice had my dual mass fly wheel and clutch replaced by Honda
2 months down the line got same problem cant change gear.When honda did repairs said could not get clutch working probably said faulty clutch was fitted so replaced a week later got car back. Clutch did not seem right phoned back they said needed bedding in.So last 2months been driving around when pressing on clutch pedal every so often would get what felt like a air block.Honda are now saying this could be a hydraulics problem after paying £1600 on clutch and mass flywheel they are trying to get more money can this be right??? Any help would be great.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:44 AM

An air block? What exactly is happening? Didn't know Honda used dual mass flywheels. What year accord is this?

Are you not able to engage or disengage your clutch?

Also sounds like you should take your car to another Honda dealer. Use the "ever since you replaced these parts my car does not run right" they will have to repair their labor work for free.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hi like i tried to explain 2 months a go,the car was stuck in gear the aa towed me to the honda dealer i use. Honda phoned next day saying clutch needed replacing also the dual mass flywheel was shot & would also need replacing the car is accourd tourer 2006 diesel 2.2 with 105k on . Two days later they phoned saying the car wasnt responding to the clutch they fitted would have to bleed it over night. next day they said it was faulty clutch and would replace the clutch they just fitted.When i collected the car the clutch felt so soft under foot when changing gear i phoned again about the clutch and asked are you sure its not the slave cylinder they replied it just needed beding in. Then last week when changing gear half way down the clutch pedal for split second felt like nothing there then would respond again,did this quite a lot.Then on friday same original problem would not change gear.Got the car back to them on friday just before they shut and this morning they phoned for approval to strip down to solve problem and would cost £400 to strip down as nothing was covered by warranty as car is taxi. Told them to go ahead and will argue the case when car is fixed. The service assistant was really rude and aggressive and constantly was talking over me.I asked to be put through to the manager who was nicer and said if they fitted the parts it would be covered they would take photos but i would have to argue with Honda themselves.Which i thought they were as called Honda Marshalls of York.Anyway have asked them to go ahead and fix the problem just dont seem to no were i stand.Also this morning asked him when they changed the clutch & flywheel why they never changed the thrustrace and slave cylinder because i think this is were the problem lies.He phoned an hour a go said no problems with hydraulics and they are starting to strip down the car. hope this explains better

Last edited by rhinogolf; 08-15-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

You must be in UK?

We tend to forget about diesels because Honda has never offered any diesels in USA.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Update for you the car was stripped down photos sent to Honda who have said faulty clutch and they have replaced the clutch and clutch plate free of charge and paid all labour costs.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Glad it's finally resolved.