General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

e-brake and TCS light on!

Old 09-25-2006, 11:41 PM
ramman949
Unregistered
Default e-brake and TCS light on!

Hey all,

I got a 2003 V6 EX accord and the the ebrake and TCS light recently turned on and it wont turn off. The rear pads are 4 months old. I changed the front ones today because they looked a little low, but not even near the wear indicator. I also checked the e-brake switch under the handle to make sure that wasnt broken. And finally I checked the fluid which is right at the top of the full mark. Yet the darn light stays on. I even pulled my negitive and reset the ECU and still its on. All wheel sensors are in place. What could be causing this? I also used one of those obdII ecu readers and it said I have no codes? But someone mentioned to me that I need a different code reading tool?

The ebrake will stay light upon startup. Within 1 minute, the TCS light comes on.

ANy suggestions? Please.

Thank you,
Ram

Old 09-26-2006, 04:56 AM
ramman949
Unregistered
Default RE: e-brake and TCS light on!

ANyone?

Old 09-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

first thing I'd check is the float switch of the brake master cylinder. check that the continuity changes when you raise the float from bottom to top.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:37 PM

make sure your fluid is full too.... low fluid levels will/can make the brake light come on...

Old 09-26-2006, 03:41 PM
ramman949
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: hondadude

first thing I'd check is the float switch of the brake master cylinder. check that the continuity changes when you raise the float from bottom to top.

My float kinda sticks. Its moves up and down with no changes to the brake light. And my 03 has an updated version of the m/c that bothered many 02 and prior models. My float looks nothing like the 02 and priors.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:42 PM
ramman949
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

make sure your fluid is full too.... low fluid levels will/can make the brake light come on...

Thanks for your help, but I already did check it as stated above. Thanks for trying though.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:59 PM

sorry about that I totally missed that.... I believe if you take it to autozone they will scan the car for free and tell you where the signal is coming from... I know my 81 civic has the same issue but that's because the e-brake sucks and is causing it....

Old 09-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: hondadude

totally different set up..
no more float .. the sensor now is part of the master culinder you canot replace just the sensor i have already replaced 2 mastyer cylinders on 2003 accords for the same issue ( brake lite on )

Old 09-26-2006, 10:21 PM
ramman949
Unregistered

ah man! This better not be my M/C going out! Thanks for all your help guys. This sucks!

Old 08-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Default TCS and Brake light.

Were you able to find the problem of the TCS and the Brake light?

I am having the same problem?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: e-brake and TCS light on!