General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Knocking....

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
RIKS95EX
Unregistered
Default Engine Knocking....

Hey guys,
I messed up and bought Honda Accord and didn't really do my homework I guess. I bought a 95 Accord w/VTech. When I checked out vehicle everything was normal and it drove the 100 mile trip home just fine. When I got home I turned it on and was overlooking the car and I rev'd it up because I thought I heard a knocking noise. Sure enough it became worse. Then I added 2 quarts of oil and it spilled out from underneath. I called the original owner said he knew nothing of it. Well I'm stuck as I bought it as is. The car has 126k, what do I do know. I have a friend whose a tech at Honda, but any ideas of what it can be? It idles fine, but when you rev it, the noise is coming from the motor, it sounds like a diesel/rocks/marbles type of noise. I got upset and went inside since I could not see anymore (nightime). When I get home today, what are some of things I should look for and how much is this going to set me back?[]

Thanks,
Rick

Old 09-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Default RE: Engine Knocking....

Wow, I'm really concerned about the oil coming out from under the engine. The oil was low and you added the proper 2 quarts, right? I wonder if some plug that is suppose to go into the block is missing, like oil filter or oil pressure sending unit. Don't drive the car until you have climbed under there to look and see where the oil is coming from.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:50 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Engine Knocking....

i wonder if the balancer shaft seal popped out,, if oil is coming out from lower t-belt cover most likely that is what happen , there was a recall on that

now as for the knocking noise,, it could be only because you are very low on oil or it already has done some damage to the inner bearings ( rods, main )

there was no noise when you drove it home ,,?? did the oil lite ever come on ?? if no on both ,most likely it is noisy because there is no oil and hopefully it did not do any major damage