General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Problems Starting?

Old 11-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Default Problems Starting?

Hey everyone! this is my first post mostly because I don't really have problems with my accord.... just everything else! until now at least.....
I filled up last night drove home about a 10 min drive, next morning started right up and died a few seconds later. I had assumed it was the fuel pump giving it had pretty much only ran long enough to burn the left over fuel that had been primed from the night before, until I checked and had no spark also when key is turned to on there is nothing as far as hearing the fuel pump prime, and no relay clicks. I assumed the main relay had crapped out so I just replaced that and still nothing..... checked main and ign fuses they seam fine, hoping that someone here might of had an issue like this before I start tearing into everything!
Oh ya it's a 02 accord 2.3 ulev

Old 11-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Notice when no-start is present whether the dash lights; Check Engine, Alt, Oil Pressure are on or off. If off, the keyswitch assy may be failing causing the no-starts.

If dash lights are good, check for 12V to distributor connector, blk/yel wire. If voltage is good, fault will be likely be either coil or ignitor.

Any recent work done on the car?

good luck

Old 11-20-2011, 10:59 AM

Well started back at step one and went over every fuse/relay and found that the acc fuse in engine compartment was not blown but the element was cracked???? I have never seen that before and have been working on cars for a long time now! replaced and started right up
thanks for the quick response though if I have any other stumpers i will be back for sure!
Thanks Again

Old 11-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Thanks for posting the fix. Sometimes the fix is simple,..but rarely it seems.

good luck