General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Default Fuel Pressure Regulator

So I see aftermarket regulators. I'm wonder if they're worth anything by themselves. I'm still not sure what all is good alone and what is just necessary with big mods.

Along that subject, I've read that once the F22s get over 160hp they need upgraded injectors. Is that true? Or would injector upgrades be beneficial before that raise in HP?

I wanna know where I'm throwing away money and where I'm getting the most bang for my buck. I'm not planning on putting a turbo in my car so the HP won't be increased a lot.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

How did you get the engine to over 160hp?

Old 07-29-2012, 11:30 PM

I did not but I'm wondering if injector upgrades are necessary if theres no turbo. Say I got it above 160hp with just a performance cam, chipped ecu and some bolt on upgrades. Would I need new injectors then? Or just if I were to put in a turbo?

BTW I notice you have a TSX, how do you like it? I've had my eyes on the first gen TSX's for a while and I think I may eventually get one.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

I like the TSX so far. Its a sporty version of the 7th gen accord.

My suggestion is to leave the car as the stock setup. I think doing mods to an engine will cause you 1. more problems down the road and 2. spend a lot of money. I don't think you will gain much out of the adding 15 hp to the engine.

I don't know what accord you have, but the 90-97 f22 engine could be swapped with an H22 engine without much of a problem. That would get you around 200 hp.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:43 AM

Well this car is more for practice. I'm learning about mods- what and what not to do. I'm having some fun adding a little kick to my car. To me the money spent is the same as going to school for auto mechanics.
I was thinking about the TSX as a proper mod project. I'm not too sure after what I've read. I really like the look and the engine is decent with good MPGs. It would be more of an aesthetic mod though. Maybe a few engine changes.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

The best thing to do is find somebody who has successfully done some engine mods. Replacing the fuel press reg will do little due to the fact the computer will adjust according to the programmed mapping for fuel based on input from the O2 sensors. At the very least you would need a remapped computer, higher flow injectors and the stock regulator would probably be fine. But then you need to open up the exhaust and free up intake flow...some of the best technicians have started in their own garage on their own cars...glad to see the enthusiasm. A good drive technician can make a wheelbarrow full of money if they are good

Old 07-30-2012, 03:21 PM

Yeah, I'm going to school for Architecture oddly enough. So this is all just hobby stuff I learn on my own, hoping to maybe make a little money off it and make my contribution to the world of Honda Mods.

My car already has a CAI, performance catback and 421 Header. I just ordered a p28 chipped ecu with a pretuned chip from an F22B1 with a similar set up. I'm gonna put an F23 intake in next. I was deciding (based on an earlier post) between that or changing to an F22a head and then an H23 intake but thats more expensive and time consuming.

I don't wanna go so far as to put a few grand for a turbo. But I'm looking for what mods that only cost $100-$200 each that I can do that make a difference and give me some practice.

So high flow injectors are a good idea for my car at this point? I was given the impression based on what I've been reading that those kinda upgrades are only necessary with a Turbo or other major engine mods.