Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I would appreciate any help on the following questions:
1. My gas light comes on around 300-320 miles and stays on, no fading on and off. just trying to compare this to my 95 honda del sol when gas runs low it the indicator comes and goes and then stays on all the time when i am getting really low. Is the accord supposed to do this as well?
2. Ok, the documentation says i should have a 17.1 Gallon tank, but when i have filled up thus far, it has been filling up to only 13.2 and 13.6 gallons, doesnt it seem like something is wrong? So if any one can tell me when they fill up their 03-05 4cyl accord, how many gallons does it reach on an avg. And if anyone has taken it to the dealership for this problem what did they tell you was wrong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
1. I am shutting it down as soon as the pump clicks off.
2. The car has 700ish miles on it now.
3. It is automatic and i have been averaging about 22 & 23 mpg so far.
I will start filling it up with a quarter of fuel left, however i just wanted to see if its common that the gas light comes on and stays on and does not fade in and out like my other honda, as well as make sure that when people fill up, its only 13.16 - 13.47 gallons.
I have an 05 EX-V6 AT and my gas light comes on around when I have used about 13-13.2 gallons of gas. It stays on and does not fade. I haven't had any problems. I have heard a lot of people say that their light comes on same time. I also have a 17.1 gallon tank. I don't know about you, but I would rather hae it come on early than too late.
Good, just wanted to make sure it was normal behavior, i am just getting used to the car, normally i will start to fill it up when i have a quarter of a tank remaining. I just wanted to make sure it was normal for other people.
Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for HondaAccordforum.com content, comments, or advertising. HondaAccordforum.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse HondaAccordforum.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.