Help Me (Recall # R89 SECONDARY SHAFT BEARING) - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > General > General Tech Help
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2011, 03:12 AM

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001754286244
Exclamation Help Me (Recall # R89 SECONDARY SHAFT BEARING)

Help me, please.
I have bought accord coupe 2.4, 2008
VIN 1HGCS12778A020471
Now the car in Russia.
On this car was Recall # R89 SECONDARY SHAFT BEARING
I don't know failure has been eliminated.
The local branch Honda motor co couldn't help, because the car wasn't delivered to Russia officially.
1. Whether whether it is possible to learn this failure was eliminated?
2. It is possible to buy/download the software for updating automatic transmission control module?

Excuse for bad English

Alex
Old 12-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

This is a fairly serious problem to repair, if the repair is required. You might drive this car for years w/o problems. cut/paste following link into your browser:

"http://repairpal.com/honda-accord-recall-11v395000

It's difficult to understand how software could prevent the problem. Only Honda dealer is authorized to update your vehicles software.

You could establish your ownership of the car at Honda website and they will advise if the vehicle requires the software update.

good lcuk
2006 Acura TSX
2010 Acura TSX
Old 06-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Gizmo's Avatar 2007 Honda Accord

NHTSA RECALL NUMBER: 11V-395 (SECONDARY SHAFT BEARING) Software upgrade.

I recently bought a 2007 Accord Coupe (2.4L engine/128K miles) about a month ago. Had the software upgrade to the tranny by local Honda dealership. I now notice that at roughly 30 mph going uphill that the tranny "hesitates" downshifting with cruise on or off. I'm just wondering IF this is normal. I have talked with the service advisor a few times and he "looks" at me like I don't know what I'm talking about or who am I to even question it .... I don't get a warm and fuzzy when dealing with him. He even told me that I shouldn't have cruise on going uphill anyways! He had no idea what the upgrade was even doing or why it was needed! I had to call Honda directly, online support, to get some answers. They said that they have no record of any such "hesitation" after the upgrade was performed. I'm asking this forum IF anyone has had a similar problem. Thanks
Old 06-11-2015, 12:57 PM
Gizmo's Avatar 2007 Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex(31) View Post
Help me, please.
I have bought accord coupe 2.4, 2008
VIN 1HGCS12778A020471
Now the car in Russia.
On this car was Recall # R89 SECONDARY SHAFT BEARING
I don't know failure has been eliminated.
The local branch Honda motor co couldn't help, because the car wasn't delivered to Russia officially.
1. Whether whether it is possible to learn this failure was eliminated?
2. It is possible to buy/download the software for updating automatic transmission control module?

Excuse for bad English

Alex

Check Honda Accord Recall here in the United States Recall Information for Safety & Defects | Honda Owners Site based on your VIN #, has the Recall # R89 Secondary Shaft Bearing as an open recall ... recall was NOT performed.

RECALL STATUS:Recall INCOMPLETE

I hope that this helps you
Gizmo
Old 06-16-2015, 05:15 AM

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001754286244

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHonda View Post
This is a fairly serious problem to repair, if the repair is required. You might drive this car for years w/o problems. cut/paste following link into your browser:

"http://repairpal.com/honda-accord-recall-11v395000

It's difficult to understand how software could prevent the problem. Only Honda dealer is authorized to update your vehicles software.

You could establish your ownership of the car at Honda website and they will advise if the vehicle requires the software update.

good lcuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Check Honda Accord Recall here in the United States Recall Information for Safety & Defects | Honda Owners Site based on your VIN #, has the Recall # R89 Secondary Shaft Bearing as an open recall ... recall was NOT performed.

RECALL STATUS:Recall INCOMPLETE

I hope that this helps you
Gizmo
Thanks for the advice. During the three years of ownership was not a problem.