General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help with rear window radio antenna (not getting reception suddenly) 2004 Accord Cpe

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 10:28 AM
Default Help with rear window radio antenna (not getting reception suddenly) 2004 Accord Cpe

Howdy, its my first post, so I guess my 13 year old car has been pretty solid.

My alternator 'blew up' (smoke came out), and in the process of its death overcharged the car for maybe 2 hours. Somewhere in the alternator replacement process, we stopped getting radio stations.

XM still works, CD player still works, so its gotta be the antenna. So now Im wondering if we fried when it was overcharging somehow

I thought it ran through the trunk panel somewhere, and I could intercept it, and maybe splice a new wire in and pop a replacement up around a speaker or something.

But I cannot figure out where the wire runs, I think I found the XM tuner, which I thought was also going to have an 'antenna in', but it didn't...so maybe the wire runs all the way to the radio??

Obviously it would be easier to handle this without pulling the head unit and plugging in directly there, if possible?

Anyone got an idea? thanks

Old 03-29-2017, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

There is an XM antenna (on the roof) and it runs to the XM receiver in passenger side quarter panel in the trunk. The radio antenna on the rear window and zigzags through the car to the stereo in the dash. I attached a pic that hopefully helps, because it is hard to describe.

Attached Thumbnails Help with rear window radio antenna (not getting reception suddenly) 2004 Accord Cpe-untitled.jpg