General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Honda 95 accord sounds like a sports car

Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 PM
hitek0301
Unregistered
Default Honda 95 accord sounds like a sports car

I have a honda accord 95 and my car sounds like a sports car when i hit the throttle and i know its not the exhaust its coming from the front side and its only wen i accelerate it slowly at low speed it sound likes "bwannnnnnn" ( thats wat it sounds like) and i took to the workshop and the guy said its nothing major but now its getting worse and also i noticed water dripping down wen i park the car and in the morning or when the engine is cold i hear a very slight bam (brrr) sound thats not normal wen i start it.. are all these symptoms related and adding up to create a bigger problem? could any explain what's probably happening here?

Old 04-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

1) The exhaust goes to the front of the car and can leak just about anywhere. It usually starts as a small pffffff sound and gradually gets louder as it get's worse. The exhaust manifold gasket may be going/gone.

2) Water dripping is usually from using the A/C. Water condenses on the cold A/C coils and fills a pan in your dash, which drains out of the car on the bottom.

3) Can you explain the noise on cold/morning starts? Hondas are notorious for being a bit noisy until they warm up.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:45 AM
hitek0301
Unregistered

1- Am not too sure if its the exhaust because i replaced the exhaust 6 months ago and this sound only comes out wen i try to accelerate at low speed. on 1the high way its smooth.

2- If it was summer it is understandable but in winter i think its not normal, water dripping is either from the radiator itself or from that bottle connected to the radiator and also its green colored.

3- The sound is very low key kind of and its like a "bzaaam" and only hear it for a second when i start the ignition and not all the times so i dont know it's a big problem in the making or am just too paranoid.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

1- The "A-pipe" going under the oil pan is not usually replaced when you get a new exhaust system. Maybe that??

2- Green colored - that rules out condensate from the AC. Try to find the source.

3- Have someone start the engine while you listen up front with the hood open. Try to pinpoint the location of the sound.