General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

check engine light maintenance required light

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:31 PM
hotrod01
Unregistered
Default check engine light maintenance required light

[hey guys, im a newbe here and im just looking for some troubleshooting advice. I just got a 4 cylinder five speed and those damn lights are coming on. Maint. req and check engine. My friend is a pretty up to date mechanic and he is perplexed as i am to the computer read out. the Diagnostic code read out that there was a leak in the vacume lines but i here no hiss and my car runs relatively trouble free. no sign of a break down is evident. the maintenace req light is now staying on now and not just blinking. i have had the car for three months and it is pushing 150 k miles. is the maintenance required light, odometer tripped and what do i need to maintain?i appreciate your input.

james
AKA Hotrod

Old 11-11-2005, 01:28 AM
Default RE: check engine light maintenance required light

The maintenance light can be reset. 150k is a major service. If you want I can get a list of what is done at that mileage from my shop. As far as the check engine light I am not aware of a vacuum leak code. Was a diagnostic tool used or did you jumper it. If a diagnostic tool was used what was the code(ex: P01456)? If you jumpered what was the numer you got? Let me know and I can look it up at work. Also what year and make/model is your car?