General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Accord T reg, f20b6 engine code oxygen sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:06 PM
AcidGod
Unregistered
Default Honda Accord T reg, f20b6 engine code oxygen sensor

Hello, last two days I was looking for lambda/oxygen sensor, I couldn't find it no where. Maybe some one could give me an advice where to look at? Thank you very much.

Honda Accodrd: Ingine Code: f20b6
T reg.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Honda Accord T reg, f20b6 engine code oxygen sensor

Is the f20b6 is a 98-02 Accord?

There will be two O2 sensors on the OBDII Accords. The primary will be on the bottom of the exhaust manifold (it may be on the midpipe right before the catalytic converter) and the secondary will be on the exhaust past the catalytic converter.

No matter what, the primary O2 sensor is somewhere between the bottom exhaust manifold (where all four pipes meet) and the cat.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

please create a signature with car info ...... year/doors/trim/tranny

Old 09-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Where are you located? F20B6 isn'ta USA engine, some things may be different, it may not even be OBD-2 since that's really a US-EPA requirement.

6th-gen Accord F-series engines in USA have the primaryO2 sensor located in the intake manifold, right behind the radiator fan. The secondary O2 sensor is located in the right side of thecatalyst, not too far aft of the firewall.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:55 AM
AcidGod
Unregistered

I live in UK. Thank you very much for the information, I thought that there is only one O2 sensor, are they the same ones or both of them are different? And how much they can cost? The thing is that check engine light's came out few days ago, I have done computer diagnostic and engineer told me that it might be or O2 sensor or Catalitic converter. When I asked him how I can find out what is the problem he told me that I have to exchange sensor, only then I will find out if there is any problem with catalitic converter.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:59 AM
AcidGod
Unregistered

Model Honda Accord ES Auto , date of first registration 02/07/1999, 5 door hatchback, Cylinder capacity 1997cc Petrol

Old 09-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Theprimary O2 sensor provides feedback control for fuel supply.

Thesecondary O2 sensor is a USA requirement to measure whether the catalyst is working OK. Maybe it's not used in UK??

I'm not sure where I couldfind out the details for UK cars.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:43 AM
AcidGod
Unregistered

Any way thank you for your support, the funy thing is that no of english part suppliers have one, or if they have it cost 350 dollars, crazy price. I wish i could check it if it's working or not,because the computer told that it is lambda sensor, but the engineer told that it might be not it, that it might be catalitic converter as well.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

You'll need an analog voltmeter. Most digital ones are too slow. I have a Fluke 179 with a bargraph that works for this. (Got an oscilloscope??)

One of the 4 wires is the actual signal, I don't have a manual with me so I don't know which color wire. Maybe someone will chime in here... (2 wires on the sensor are the same color - those are the heater, leaving you to choose between the other 2)

You'll need to backprobe the plug, or make up jumper wires so you can measure the sensor voltage while it's hooked up and running. It operates between about 0 to 1 volt, swinging between those extremes quite fast.

The most common way for the sensor to fail is it gets sluggish. It's not really about the actual voltage. You want to see the signal swing up & downseveral times per second or more. A sluggish sensor may only swing a couple times per second or even slower.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:58 PM
shop@netray.co.uk
Unregistered

Okay here is the beef/answer to this thread about the accord oxygen sensor on F20B(6) engine.. My engine light came on and wouldn't go off with a 3rd party oxygen / lamda sensor.. The solution..!

The Honda Accord 2.0 v-tec engine .. model F20B(6) has a very obscure lambda sensor, and simply put there is NO 3rd party supplier in the UK of such a sensor that works. After phoning honda and giving them my plate... the part number for the oxygen sensor for F20B(6) engine is 36531PAAL22 (36531-PAA-L22) ... It is currently £145 + VAT..!!! £170 OUUCH..! - April 08
However I have found... a Denso 3rd Party sensor that works for £85 from a suplier in the U.S.A... including shipping.!

I am not revealing my sources because it took me ages to locate this..!!

Thank you.!

Hey, we've got rules about selling stuff like that around here. Check the vendor's forum.This is more thanyou just selling some of your used parts...

Senda PM to WheelBrokerAng & find out what you gotta do to become an authorized VENDOR.

Welcome to the site, where we're all trying to help each other. I don't wanna be nasty, but I'm not the one who owns the site & makes the rules.

Jim

Quick Reply: Honda Accord T reg, f20b6 engine code oxygen sensor