General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do i find/download a parts list and specifications for parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default How do i find/download a parts list and specifications for parts?

Hi there, as the title says. I recently replaced a whole list of parts including the steering knuckle on my 05 accord EX. i spent about 800 on parts, so for the knuckle i went to a junkyard. However, the guy said it was from an 05 Acura TL and that they were identical, i checked it out, and sure they were the same- so i though.

I installed all of my other new components and my knuckle/ put the wheel back on and had an alignment issue. so i corrected that. however i notice my car sits with a noticable POSITIVE camber, and it feels very weak/ unstable when i turn the car, with that wheel on the outside.

I want to know where to get part specs online or downlaod. i googled and couldnt find anything on steering knuckle dimensions/ specs.

I am certain the 05 TL and the 05 Accords are different. because i have an issue, and im pissed. haha.

Any direction would be great guy thank you

Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Acura and Honda will use the same OEM part numbers between identical parts.
If they are different, then there is some difference between them. It could be minor or major.

Look up the OEM part number for your Accord and the TL.

hondapartsnow.com has honda part numbers
acurapartswarehouse.com has acura part numbers

If you had to replace the knuckle, then what kind of damage was done to your accord?

Old 04-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I lent my car out, and i had to go fetch it. They said they were cut off and hit a curb. anyways, its done now whatever the reason.

I had to replace the rotor, caliper, pads- ABS sensor, flex brake line section, wheel bearing , upper control arm, lower ball joint.......and finally, our steering knuckle.

Last time i will EVER lend my car out to ANYONE lol, sad part is i have lent my car to this friend numerous times and he always put more gas in than when he left, bought me oil etc, small thank you's. This time i was like ugghhhhh... he payed half. haha , w.e

Old 04-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Newest Of Newbies

So i took a look at both site and, sorry it wasnt a TL it was a TSX.

05 accord R- 51210-SDA-A02
05 TSX R- 51210-SDA-A02

so im stumped. does anyone have any ideas on my POSITIVE camber issue, after reading my situation?

What could i have possibly bent to create positive castor , im stumped. everything looked up to par. i did an inspection looking for bends etc, as i did all the work myself, and had to inspect the whole freakin corner to see what i neede to order.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Bent lower control arm? Bent subframe where LCA hinges at the inboard end?

When you slide sideways into a curb, the impact want to push the bottom part of the tire in towards the center of the car. The lower control arm takes all that force & transmits it into the bushings where it pivots at the inner end. Sounds like something is bent.