General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How do you install front lic plate bracket?

Old 10-26-2007, 07:59 PM
PaulQ
Unregistered
Default How do you install front lic plate bracket?

Hi everyone! Just found this board...

Last week, I took delivery on my new 2008 Accord EXL! It's great but my problem is that I am selling my 2003 Accord to someone that lives in California. They require a front license plate.

I dug up the bracket and all of its screws and bolts. I can feel where it attaches but I have no idea how to put it all together. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Old 10-27-2007, 02:28 AM
Default RE: How do you install front lic plate bracket?

Put it all together in a bag, put it in the trunk and let them know where it is located. Seriously, can you take pics and we can help better, that a bit out of our league, we cant do simple tasks like that without pics please.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:57 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

let the buyer deal with it.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
PaulQ
Unregistered

Errr... thanks?

I thought it was a standard bracket from Honda. I was hoping there was a link to instructions or something. I don't want to trouble anyone with actually examining the dozen+ nuts and bolts, plasticpieces, etc and typing out instructions.

The buyer is my sister. I was trying to help out. I am going to ask her to take it to a Honda dealer. It shouldn't be too difficult. I don't understand why something like this isn't an easy do it yourself install.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

haha. that's a bit different. I'd be tryin to do it to then. If I recall, there are 2 screws that hold the assemble to the bumper (located just inside the 2nd lip up). Then, the plate goes in a sleeve. THe plate is screwed to the sleeve and to the bumper (screw hole right in the center of the front bumer) with one screw. I cant take pics fro yuo, cause the one I own was bought in AZ, and we dont have front plates.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: smaglik
I cant take pics fro yuo, cause the one I own was bought in AZ, and we dont have front plates.

Thank god i think they look better with out. dumb how some states make you have to have them.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:19 PM

cheat... get some of those expanding drywall screws, drill two small holes in the bumper that are lined up with the license plate holes and go from there. It works just fine and no one will ever know how it was done unless they take the plate off

Here's a picture of the screws I'm talking about.

http://homerepair.about.com/od/inter...astening_7.htm

Old 10-27-2007, 11:00 PM
PaulQ
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: smaglik

haha. that's a bit different. I'd be tryin to do it to then. If I recall, there are 2 screws that hold the assemble to the bumper (located just inside the 2nd lip up). Then, the plate goes in a sleeve. THe plate is screwed to the sleeve and to the bumper (screw hole right in the center of the front bumer) with one screw. I cant take pics fro yuo, cause the one I own was bought in AZ, and we dont have front plates.

Thank you very much for the help! Actually, you would be amazed by how many nuts and bolts come with this kit. On top of those are this set of round plastic clips (or something). It looks incredibly complicated for something that should be a snap (literally!). She agreed to take it to her own dealer which is very inconvenient but, hey, I tried.

I am in AZ too. Like we're supposed to know about this? Front plates? Whatever!