General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to replace popped out Cruise Control CANCEL Button

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:57 PM
mogilir
Unregistered
Question How to replace popped out Cruise Control CANCEL Button

On one of my recent road trips, I was using Cruise Control and as I hit 'CANCEL' button, the button popped out of its place. The button isn't broken, however I am having tough time putting it back in place.

The other two buttons RESUME (accel), SET (decel) buttons are just fine and working. For now, I am using the brake pedal to cancel the cruise. More than the lost function, an open spot looks ugly.

I just had 60K mile service done at Honda Service Station and was hoping the service center could fix the button back in position. I was asked to buy a new control that would amount to about $50. Seems like a waste for just a button that just popped out of its place

It seems like if I depress the ends of the button with holes (that should go into prongs/projections and sit in) and push, it should work but there isn't enough room. Would it help to unscrew the control? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Honda 2001 Accord EX, 4-Dr Sedan, (61K miles)

Attached Thumbnails How to replace popped out Cruise Control CANCEL Button-accord-cruise-control.jpg