Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > General > General Tech Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2012, 08:14 PM

Default Install Front License Plate

I bought new Honda Accord. I have moved to a state where it is mandatory to have front license plate installed. I don't know how to install the license plate on the front (no information available in the user manual). Honda dealer had provided me the bracket (which was in the trunk) but I need to know how to fix the license plate using that bracket. Do I need to drill the bumper for this? Do I need to go to the dealer to get it fixed? Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies
2009 Honda Accord

yea you need to drill into the bumper... usually it comes with wholes already in the bumper but i guess not in your case
Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreevatsau View Post
I bought new Honda Accord. I have moved to a state where it is mandatory to have front license plate installed. I don't know how to install the license plate on the front (no information available in the user manual). Honda dealer had provided me the bracket (which was in the trunk) but I need to know how to fix the license plate using that bracket. Do I need to drill the bumper for this? Do I need to go to the dealer to get it fixed? Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
What year is your car?

There is no need to drill the bumper. There is a mounting kit with clips, etc. that the dealer should have supplied.

Let me know what year and I will post the info.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 AM

Thanks for the info. I have a 2012 accord LX
Old 06-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreevatsau View Post
Thanks for the info. I have a 2012 accord LX
The attached pic. is part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection instructions for dealers. Usually, the dealer should install it for no charge. If your car didn't come with all the parts shown in the attached pic, contact the dealer and they should order it for you for no charge.

There is no drilling, cutting, etc. required.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front license plate.jpg (87.3 KB, 275 views)
Old 06-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Newest Of Newbies
2009 Honda Accord

I have an 09 accord and mine came with the mounting stuff and the bracket and my bumper has no holes either. When I put my euro plate on the front I had to use double sided tape...which worked perfectly. But I don't suggest you do that lol u would call Honda...
Old 06-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout09 View Post
I have an 09 accord and mine came with the mounting stuff and the bracket and my bumper has no holes either. When I put my euro plate on the front I had to use double sided tape...which worked perfectly. But I don't suggest you do that lol u would call Honda...

See above for installation...
Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 AM

Thanks so much redbull-1. This is a great help. I do have the mounting kit with clips but don't have the screws for the plates which I can manage. Thanks again.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Newest Of Newbies
2009 Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull-1 View Post
See above for installation...
I don't need a front plate but thanks anyways
Old 05-27-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull-1 View Post
The attached pic. is part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection instructions for dealers. Usually, the dealer should install it for no charge. If your car didn't come with all the parts shown in the attached pic, contact the dealer and they should order it for you for no charge.

There is no drilling, cutting, etc. required.
Do you know the part no. for this item for a 2012 Accord EX-L 4 Door? I bought this used and do not see the these parts anywhere.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2013, 01:51 PM

Tags
accord, attach, base, bracket, bumper, car, drill, fix, front, holder, honda, install, license, plate, put