General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless entry doesn't work, but inner control works ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Arrow Keyless entry doesn't work, but inner control works ?

Hello All,

I would like to ask this to any tech savvy person or anyone who encountered with the same problem.

I have this honda accord (05, LX, 4dr, 4cyl). The keyless entry (door lock/unlock) used to work perfectly fine. Then recently, it stop working. I thought my keyless remote ran out of battery. I replaced it with a new battery but it still has the same problem even though the remote flash bright red when I press the buttons (I imagine the control is functional as it blinks red). Curiously, when I manually lock and unlock from inside the car, I get no problems whatsoever.

Anyone encountered this problem or knows a solution.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 01-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Does the door lock switch inside of the car lock/unlock the door?

Old 01-18-2012, 11:54 AM

Hi there,

Does the remote still open the trunk? Just in case you didn't know, if any of your car doors are not closed completely, the car will not let your remote lock/unlock the doors. However, the trunk lid can still be opened by the remote. At least that's how it is with my car (also 2005).

Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Does the door lock switch inside of the car lock/unlock the door?
Yes, the door lock switch works perfectly. When pressed it can lock or unlock all doors from the inside.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by accordhybridowner
Hi there,

Does the remote still open the trunk? Just in case you didn't know, if any of your car doors are not closed completely, the car will not let your remote lock/unlock the doors. However, the trunk lid can still be opened by the remote. At least that's how it is with my car (also 2005).

I didn't actually try opening the trunk, but my first assumption here is that it doesn't open the truck either.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have another remote to try to open the doors?

If not and the original remote will not open up the trunk.doors, then I would probably try reprogramming that remote.

Copy and paste the link below for instructions:

programyourremote.com/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=706

Old 01-18-2012, 03:04 PM

PAhonda, thanks for the help. I will try to do this after work. And I don't have another remote. I bought this car used and came with only one key and remote. The remote is the original from factory (the one that comes with the key attached to the body).

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Do you have another remote to try to open the doors?

If not and the original remote will not open up the trunk.doors, then I would probably try reprogramming that remote.

Copy and paste the link below for instructions:

programyourremote.com/classified/DisplayAd.asp?id=706

Old 01-19-2012, 10:58 AM

So I test out few features of the remote:

1. Panic buttom works
2. Truck unlock works
3. I can lock and unlock all doors except the driver's door after I use the key to unlock the driver's door
4. Basically, the only way to lock or unlock the driver's door is by doing it manually with the key from outside or pressing the side controls from the inside.

My conclusion is that there is must be something wrong with the driver's door locking/unlocking system using the remote while it remains functional if I lock/unlock from the drivers side control ( Im quite a detective J/K).

Does anyone has any opinions about this case?
I'm no expert by any means, but I think these maybe the issues?

1. Burned fuse? (if the drivers door's uses one) but wouldn't explain I can lock/unlock from the inside door controls.
2. Loose wire? Again it locks/unlocks from the inside
3. Actuator/driver/rotor that pulls the lock/unlock stick is damaged? I'm not sure if car's uses this anymore but I have seen old cars have it.

What do you guys think? so sorry for the long msg

Old 01-19-2012, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by luischg
3. I can lock and unlock all doors except the driver's door after I use the key to unlock the driver's door
4. Basically, the only way to lock or unlock the driver's door is by doing it manually with the key from outside or pressing the side controls from the inside.
I'm not sure what you're saying... here's how the remote works normally:
1. Car is completely locked down (all 4 doors are locked).
2. Press "unlock" button on remote - driver side door is unlocked.
3. Press "unlock" button on remote again (immediately) - all other doors are unlocked.
4. Press "lock" button on remote - all 4 doors are locked.

Tell us what happens in your case regarding those 4 items above?

Old 01-19-2012, 11:45 AM

Accordhybridowner, Yes I know how a remote are suppose to work and all these 4 bullet points used to work before I had this problem.

The problem Im encountering is that the driver's door wont lock or unlock when I press the unlock button once or twice. However, if let say I unlock the driver's door with the key, then i can unlock the other remaining doors with the keyless remote by pressing twice the unlock button.

The same works for locking all 3 doors except the drivers door. Basically, for the keyless remote to work on the other 3 doors, I have to have to use the key to unlock the drivers door and have the "stick lock/unlock" up.

I know it is kinda confusing and my explanation is kinda poor.

Originally Posted by accordhybridowner
I'm not sure what you're saying... here's how the remote works normally:
1. Car is completely locked down (all 4 doors are locked).
2. Press "unlock" button on remote - driver side door is unlocked.
3. Press "unlock" button on remote again (immediately) - all other doors are unlocked.
4. Press "lock" button on remote - all 4 doors are locked.

Tell us what happens in your case regarding those 4 items above?

Quick Reply: Keyless entry doesn't work, but inner control works ?