Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > General > General Tech Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
1992 Honda Accord

Question Lucas Transmission Fix?

The automatic transmission on my 92 Accord, 4 cylinder wagon with 181000 miles shifts hard at times from 3rd to 4th gear and when it downshifts. I recently had the transmission fluid changed. Someone suggested I use Lucas Transmission Fix.

I would like to know if it is allright to use it with Honda transmissions?

Is someone using it and does it really improve hard shifting?

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator
1993 Honda Accord

I don't know for a fact if you should use Lucas in honda trans or not. But I personally would NOT use it. Honda trans don't like anything but honda fluid. Hondas autos tend to shift kinda hard anyways. I’m sure if you using the original trans it’s going to have some ware from age. I know in my 93 I went through 3 trans be4 I decided to convert to 5speed. I also abused my auto trans badly so that didn't help

Old 01-11-2011, 06:09 AM
1992 Honda Accord

Thank you. I just recently got the Accord and started the maintenance cycle. After the transmission fluid change a few weeks ago, up-shifting has improved. I heard it may take a couple of transmission fluid changes to remove all the old fluid? Would changing the transmission fluid again at the next oil change help with the hard shifting or should I wait a little longer with changing it?
Old 01-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

If the ATF is bad, or if the last owner used Dexron or something else, then YES it can benefit from another change or 2. The torque converter doesn't drain so you can only get about 1/3 of the total fluid to drain. You want to drive around maybe 20 miles or more in-between, but there's nothing wrong with waiting for the next oilchange.
my kids have Civics
Old 01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
1992 Honda Accord

Thank you Jim
Old 03-16-2011, 12:57 AM
Newest Of Newbies
1996 Honda Accord

i used an additive in my accord when it started slipping and it got much much worse. i ended up rebuilding it myself, always use honda z1 atf
Old 03-16-2011, 12:57 AM

Tags
2012, 93, accord, fix, fluid, forum, hard, honda, lucas, shift, shifting, te, tranmission, trans, transmission