General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

My car heats up my legs from inside [Accord 2003]

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

The steering shaft sleeve and cap are about the largest hole in firewall. Failure to reinstall these would likely allow heat to enter cabin.

See attached picture. This is from a TSX manual that would allow copy/paste function, however Accord part appears to be identical.

It would be unlikely for the shaft sleeve to be removed as it is not split. More likely the cap is missing.

good luck

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Power Steering Shaft Cover.pdf (51.9 KB, 130 views)
Old 05-22-2015, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
The steering shaft sleeve and cap are about the largest hole in firewall. Failure to reinstall these would likely allow heat to enter cabin.

See attached picture. This is from a TSX manual that would allow copy/paste function, however Accord part appears to be identical.

It would be unlikely for the shaft sleeve to be removed as it is not split. More likely the cap is missing.

good luck
Thanks alot, tomorrow is saturday, i will personally check this out. to know if the cap is tightened because i know it is there.

I will give you feed back.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:12 PM

The manifold is on the firewall side of the engine compartment.

A heat shield is merely a suggestion... Of course, the engine does create heat, however extreme heat is given off by the exhaust system which includes the manifold. All cars have heat shields placed at various locations to deflect the heat emitted away from the cabin