General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New '06 EX-L Navi Accord shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 07:46 PM
loci
Unregistered
Default New '06 EX-L Navi Accord shifting problems

Well, I don't know if it is a shifting issue but I get a slight jerk; Actually more like someone is applying the breaks for me, when I let go of the gas and it decelerates. Example, when I am doing 60kph (metric), and slow down to 40kph (I believe it's going into 1st gear), then I feel that car is applying the breaks by itself. Below 40kph, then it is fine. I don't feel this "drag" any other time. Is this normal? I only have 1400km on the car and this has been happening since I bought it. I thought maybe it needs to get broken in and this will go away. Any thoughts?

Old 09-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Default RE: New '06 EX-L Navi Accord shifting problems

it just sounds like you have a lot of back pressure in the motor... If that's the case the issue should subside a bit once the car is broken in.... It's hard to tell without driving the car but it sounds fairly normal to me...

Old 09-27-2006, 08:11 PM

first of all is your car manual or automatic. Im gonna guess its auto.
That drag feel is your engine braking for you. If you notice right before it happens you will see that your revs will suddenly jump .
It basically brakes for you so you dont have to use your brakes as much. If you dont want it to drag shift to neutral of just lightly press the accelerator for a sec or two.

good luck with your new honda

Old 09-27-2006, 08:45 PM
loci
Unregistered

The car is an automatic. Why would the engine brake for me? I never experienced this in any other cars before. It just makes the car feel unsmooth. During acceleration its nice and smooth. No troubles during coasting and deceleration from high speeds, just when hitting lower speeds. Anyone with a '06 Accord Auto wanna comment on this?

I hope it just needs to break in a little more. Otherwise I will take it to the dealer and let them test it. I'm guessing their response would be that it is in fact normal.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:54 PM

i have an 05. mine does the same thing. like i said before , it slows the car down to reduce wear on your brakes.
but if its that bad then take it to dealer.
ORIGINAL: loci

The car is an automatic. Why would the engine brake for me? I never experienced this in any other cars before. It just makes the car feel unsmooth. During acceleration its nice and smooth. No troubles during coasting and deceleration from high speeds, just when hitting lower speeds. Anyone with a '06 Accord Auto wanna comment on this?

I hope it just needs to break in a little more. Otherwise I will take it to the dealer and let them test it. I'm guessing their response would be that it is in fact normal.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:59 PM

overly technical explination.... You're engine creates back pressure (always) and at lower speeds it's a bit more evident, Right now it probably seems a bit extreme but I'll bet that feeling will decrease a little.... Go to the dealership and ask to test drive another 06 that's just like yours and see if it acts the same, this way you aren't taking their opinion on it and you can see for yourself if it's the same or different that's probably the best bet...