General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no tail/dash/parking lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:13 AM
dontevenfucwitme
Unregistered
Default no tail/dash/parking lights

hello,
tonight i was hooking up a jet ski trailer to my mothers car to bring my jet ski home from the lake for the winter. after hooking the trailer and lights up i noticed that only half the lights on the trailer were working. i looked at the wire harness and noticed a wire was disconnected. i touched the wires and most of the lights on the accord went out. the only lights that currently work are the headlights, turn signals, and brake lights. the dash lights, front parking lights, and tail lights all went out. i checked every single fuse under the hood and under the dash, they are all fine. this has happened before in my own car due to bad stereo wiring, but it was just a fuse that was blown and that was easily fixed. so anyone have any ideas of what i should do next? i dread bringing it back to the honda dealer, but if it comes down to it i guess i will have to. i was sitting here thinking and maybe the tail lights were blown out when i made the connection. i will be checking this to see when she gets home from work tomorrow. if the lights aren't burnt out, then what could it be? i will try anything that anyone can suggest, no matter how stupid it may seem. now that i look back it would have probably been better to drive home with only half the lights on the trailer than no lights on the car or trailer...and if it ends up being something expensive....that sux realllly bad. anyway thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any suggestions...

PS....the car is a 99 accord dx....

Old 09-27-2006, 02:49 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: no tail/dash/parking lights

why don't you start by inputting the year and model in your signature so we can all see what you need help on .

Old 09-27-2006, 06:14 PM

On a 96 it's fuse #32 under the hood that controlls the tailights.... I'll bet you accidentally looked at a fuse and it looked ok, I'd start by replacing that fuse first.... I doubt it's anything major, the other thing it May be if you're sure the fuses are fine (double check them...) is the control switch but that would be strange...

Old 09-27-2006, 08:01 PM
dontevenfucwitme
Unregistered

cool i will recheck that....thanks

Old 09-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Please change your membername here in the forums...no play of words that are deroogatory are allowed in our forums..

I also PM'd you about this already , so please do not use the username you chose anymore.

WHEELBROKERANG [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 09-28-2006, 01:42 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yo amigo.. i asked you to input your year and model so we can help you.......

no need to get an attitude or feel bothered by inputting the information down and you sure did not need to put it in such way..

and also,, as wheelbroker asked of you,,,,,,,,,,,,your log on name has got to go ..

we would appreciate for complying with HAF rules ..

Old 09-29-2006, 11:54 AM
dontevenfucwitme
Unregistered

hey sorry about the name....thats what i use everywhere...didnt even think about it before i created it. and as to the huge writing...it wasn't to be disrespectful or anything..just wanted to make sure everyone saw it up there...anyway the problem was fixed...apparently there are 2 fuse boxes inside the passenger compartment of the 99 accord. one on the drivers side, one on the passengers side. it was simply a fuse that wasn't checked. have never owned a car with 3 or more fuse boxes. anyway thank you all very much for your help. Does anyone know how i can change my username without creating a new account? thanks.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:07 AM
Silverad04
Unregistered

I have the same problem on my 1995 honda accord. the tail lights and dash lightswent out. The brake lights and head lights work. how do I know which pin is pin #32? Rob